Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jim or Andrew..please help with this question

Jim or Andrew..please help with this question

Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Jenna31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jim or Andrew..please help with this question

I'm a U.S. citizen. I married my Canadian spouse in April of 2004. My spouse is sponsoring me in the family class. We sent our package Jan 31 and got our sponsorship approval at the end of February.

Now, I haven't been to Canada to visit since our wedding, due to work vacation time and the fact I was worried about being turned away because we were still working on our permanent residence application. I wanted to prove we were doing things right and get proof of turning in our application.
Now that we have the proof I applied, I want to visit my husband for our anniversary. It's been really difficult being seperated for so long.

I am going to stay from April 1-11th. Now, as for proof I'm coming back the the US to wait for our approval after my visit, I have a job (will bring four paystubs as proof), the sponsorship approval letter, I have a car, but I have no lease here since I live with my parents right now. I do have a few bills as well. I'm taking the bus up there, and I'm just still worried about being sent back! I'm also purchasing a bus ticket showing the date of return.

Do you think that I will have a problem with this visit? If for some reason I was turned away, will this affect my outside sponsorship at all? I don't want to mess anything up in the long run by visiting for a short time. I wouldn't want a denial into the country to ruin my application.

Thanks so much for your help.
-Jenna
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:05 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim or Andrew..please help with this question

Hi

Originally Posted by Jenna31
I'm a U.S. citizen. I married my Canadian spouse in April of 2004. My spouse is sponsoring me in the family class. We sent our package Jan 31 and got our sponsorship approval at the end of February.

Now, I haven't been to Canada to visit since our wedding, due to work vacation time and the fact I was worried about being turned away because we were still working on our permanent residence application. I wanted to prove we were doing things right and get proof of turning in our application.
Now that we have the proof I applied, I want to visit my husband for our anniversary. It's been really difficult being seperated for so long.

I am going to stay from April 1-11th. Now, as for proof I'm coming back the the US to wait for our approval after my visit, I have a job (will bring four paystubs as proof), the sponsorship approval letter, I have a car, but I have no lease here since I live with my parents right now. I do have a few bills as well. I'm taking the bus up there, and I'm just still worried about being sent back! I'm also purchasing a bus ticket showing the date of return.

Do you think that I will have a problem with this visit? If for some reason I was turned away, will this affect my outside sponsorship at all? I don't want to mess anything up in the long run by visiting for a short time. I wouldn't want a denial into the country to ruin my application.

Thanks so much for your help.
-Jenna
You should have no problems, enjoy your anniversary.

PMM