A question about children

Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question A question about children

Hi

I have a child from a previous relationship. I a competing the application and one of the questions asks me to state dependents regardless whether they are accompyning or not.

I have spoken to his mother and she is not willing to co-operate and so I can't even do the medical check for my child.

It is my understanding that if the medical is not done then the child cannot ever be considered for sponsorship in the future.

So, in this instance what then is the point of putting my child down on the application?

If anybody can shed light on this I would be happy!! thanks
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:04 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about children

That is the rule and the point is to establish the relationship. You don't really have any choice about that even in the circumstances you mention.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about children

Originally Posted by skytra7
Hi

I have a child from a previous relationship. I a competing the application and one of the questions asks me to state dependents regardless whether they are accompyning or not.

I have spoken to his mother and she is not willing to co-operate and so I can't even do the medical check for my child.

It is my understanding that if the medical is not done then the child cannot ever be considered for sponsorship in the future.

So, in this instance what then is the point of putting my child down on the application?

If anybody can shed light on this I would be happy!! thanks
I had all sorts of problems with my ex when planning the move because I wanted to bring my 12 yr old with me.
I tried talking nicely to him and then threatened legal action. He gave me permission eventually.
I know you're doing things the opposite way round as such but can you not discuss it with her so that she can see the benefits? Otherwise speak to a solicitor? Not good but it might help? How old is your child?