CEC Processing Times

Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

jennlitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC Processing Times

Hello all,

I'm going to be applying for PR in July via the CEC route and I was wondering if anyone had any information on average processing times. The website currently says 15 months but I see a lot of people have been asked to get medicals pretty soon after applying which leads me to perhaps falsely hope that it may be quicker than advertised.

Just after any updates from people doing PR this way. As my visa runs out pretty much as soon as I am eligible (2 IEC visas = 2 years but no extensions) I'll have to leave Canada while my PR is being processed.

Thanks!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC Processing Times

Hi

Originally Posted by jennlitt
Hello all,

I'm going to be applying for PR in July via the CEC route and I was wondering if anyone had any information on average processing times. The website currently says 15 months but I see a lot of people have been asked to get medicals pretty soon after applying which leads me to perhaps falsely hope that it may be quicker than advertised.

Just after any updates from people doing PR this way. As my visa runs out pretty much as soon as I am eligible (2 IEC visas = 2 years but no extensions) I'll have to leave Canada while my PR is being processed.

Thanks!

1. Note that as of 01/01/12 CEC applications will be sent to CIO Sydney rather than to Buffalo and it appears that they will be processed at the office responsible for your residence.
2. One question, for 2 full years of skilled work, if you only had 2 IEC visas and no other skilled work, it would seem improbable that you started on the 1st day of the work permit and will work until until the last day of the 2nd year.
3. The processing time according to Open Data from Jun/10 to July/11 was

20% 9 months
30% 10
50% 12
70% 13
80% 14
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

jennlitt is an unknown quantity at this point

My first day was June 30 2010 and my last day will be July 4 2012. I had approx a week off while I wasn't working for the company due me having to go and get my second IEC from the UK. It's scraping it pretty fine but that is technically two years no?

I also don't understand your figures 20% + 30% + 50% etc. adds up to well over 100% ??
Old Dec 31st 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennlitt
My first day was June 30 2010 and my last day will be July 4 2012. I had approx a week off while I wasn't working for the company due me having to go and get my second IEC from the UK. It's scraping it pretty fine but that is technically two years no?

I also don't understand your figures 20% + 30% + 50% etc. adds up to well over 100% ??
I think the percentages are cumulative.

We had CEC medical requests approx 1 week after submitting the application. Did medicals within 3 weeks of the request. 2 1/2 months later the it still just says "medicals received" on the CIC website.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

andrew127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting, fourteen-and-a-half months later

My case was transferred from Buffalo to LA in May, had the medical request in mid August (results to Ottawa Sept 1st). Heard nothing since. Very frustrating considering most other people on trackitt.com who were transferred to LA at the same time as me had their passport requests in late October-early November. Have ordered CAIPS/GCMS notes to see what the holdup is.