query on TWP

Old Sep 9th 2013, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default query on TWP

Hi,

We are in the process of applying (for two years now - third application - don't ask!) under FSWP. Since we are trying to leave New Zealand, where we currentl live, as soon as possible and get to Canada while my son still has two years of school left, we are now going down the temporary work route as well.

My husband is a physio, eligible for Canadian registration (eventually) and has applied for jobs in Alberta. I had thought until just now that once a positive LMO was obtained he then needed to apply for a TWP and wait for that to come through before going to Canada.

However now, having seen http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_%3...o_apply-Canada via another thread, I think we may have missed some vital information.

Please can someone confirm that should he obtain a positive LMO we can essentially rock up to Canada (we are British citizens with British passports) and apply for his TWP and my Spousal termporary work visa and the kids' study permits at the port of entry?

Fingers crossed I have got this right, and am not just in some dreamland.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: query on TWP

He needs a positive LMO and medical before TWP is issued
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliam37
Hi,

We are in the process of applying (for two years now - third application - don't ask!) under FSWP. Since we are trying to leave New Zealand, where we currentl live, as soon as possible and get to Canada while my son still has two years of school left, we are now going down the temporary work route as well.

My husband is a physio, eligible for Canadian registration (eventually) and has applied for jobs in Alberta. I had thought until just now that once a positive LMO was obtained he then needed to apply for a TWP and wait for that to come through before going to Canada.

However now, having seen http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_%3...o_apply-Canada via another thread, I think we may have missed some vital information.

Please can someone confirm that should he obtain a positive LMO we can essentially rock up to Canada (we are British citizens with British passports) and apply for his TWP and my Spousal termporary work visa and the kids' study permits at the port of entry?

Fingers crossed I have got this right, and am not just in some dreamland.
Yes, provided he has a positive LMO, a copy of his contract etc., then you can obtain a TWP (and SOWP depending on his skill level and the Province you are going to).

If he will be working in any way related to healthcare or children with his job, he will need to get an up-front medical done prior to coming to Canada though.

Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the replies. Better than we had previously thought. However Alberta Health have said it's 4-6 months for LMOs to get approved currently. Why anyone would offer you a job when you're not going to turn up to work for over 6 months, I don't know!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliam37
thanks for the replies. Better than we had previously thought. However Alberta Health have said it's 4-6 months for LMOs to get approved currently. Why anyone would offer you a job when you're not going to turn up to work for over 6 months, I don't know!
Also Alberta health has been laying RN;s off so doing well to get a job for TWP
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Don't have a job yet! Haven't got that far. Even having to consider moving back to UK instead and giving up on Canada.