Quebec managing to confuse me :(

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold
Default Quebec managing to confuse me :(

"Sponsors living in Quebec

The province of Quebec is responsible for determining whether sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and the length of the undertaking.

Sponsors living in Quebec or currently outside Canada but who intend to reside in Quebec upon their return must only complete the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540) and provide the required documents. Sponsored persons who intend to reside with their sponsor in Quebec are not required to sign the IMM 1344.

If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download MIDI’s undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MIDI with a copy of the letter from CPC-M.

For more information on Quebec’s requirements, you may call MIDI’s general information line at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191 or go online."

The above is taken from the guide on the CIC website - I wanted to know if anyone has had experience going from UK to be with Canadian spouse in Quebec and could possibly push me in the right direction in terms of the right way to get it right first time

I've had some great help previously on the forum and love it to bits - just now it's crunch time!

I wanted to know if the above really is bang on, and not even the checklist is required at this stage, this will only be sent as part of the third part of things to do, after sponsorship approval, and then after MIDI approval? It seems spot on, I just thought it would have made more sense to send a complete sponsorship and application package together for it to be all sent on together, and then the CSQ can be forwarded when it is received back from MIDI? Forgive my babbling - just want it to be right
Old Mar 24th 2015, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec managing to confuse me :(

It is not very clearly written, but if you read further into the guide, it does specify to use and include the document checklist

Otherwise, don't send anything they don't ask for with the sponsorship application (your permanent resident application for example).

I think I set out the order of events to follow the other day in a post.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

It's SO badly worded haha! You would think they just pop up a flow chart - the guide makes it sound like you do 2 steps but in fact you're spot on and need 3!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

(Confession: I checked the French version to make sure of my answer; version française was clearer!)

You can't blame Quebec for that, it's the CIC guide !!

Last edited by Shirtback; Mar 25th 2015 at 11:24 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Huge, massive, abject apologies to Sharkxpunch & anyone else reading:

I got it WRONG, Sharkxpunch, you were on the right track.

Corrections:
1. Sponsor completes CIC sponsorship application: only Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), Sponsor Questionnaire(IMM 5540) + required documents.
(See Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada)
Spouse completes the application for permanent residency and sponsor sends everything (including checklist) off to CIC.

2. When sponsor receives approval, s/he fills out the 'undertaking' application for Quebec, the applicant fills out the request for a Quebec selection certificate and you send these together to MIDI, along with the confirmation of sponsorship approval from CIC.

DON'T send a copy of your CSQ application to CIC - it has nothing to do with them!
Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Apply to sponsor a close relative

I'm terribly sorry, embarrassed and mortified That will teach me to triple check my sources.