Selection Certificate Quebec

Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold
Default Selection Certificate Quebec

Hi guys,

In the process of piecing our application together, and this forum and it's Wikis has been nothing short of incredible for help and information, so thank you so much.

Following our wedding last month, I intend to move to Montreal and therefore understand I require to follow the following steps -

1) Apply to CIC under Spousal Sponsorship Class, with my application for Selection Certificate attached along with all the rest of the required documents, proofs of relationship etc, fees paid, medical and police certs plus everything else needed

2) Wait for decision, if approved, submit to MIDI Undertaking Kit A - office is Montreal which is a bonus.

3) MIDI submit the Undertaking to CIC and we wait for final decision.

That's what my understanding is and I do hope i'm on point, however theres point in the application versus checklist that I just wanted to check - the checklist for the sponsorship forms asks for the general application for canada, which mentions the selection certificate and if i have received it yet, yes or no. Is it better to just choose No, and then for the date applied for, enter the date of the sponsorship package?

I know it sounds a little confusing but yeah, along with touching up my French I have a lot to do!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Selection Certificate Quebec

Any advice would be really appreciated guys! )
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
Any advice would be really appreciated guys! )
Patience is a virtue...it's only been a couple of hours.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Old Mar 18th 2015, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Bonjour!

Short version
1. Sponsor submits sponsorship application to CIC

2. When sponsor receives approval, s/he fills out the 'undertaking' application, the applicant fills out the request for a selection certificate and you send these together to MIDI, along with the confirmation of sponsorship approval from CIC.

3. Once CSQ is issued, applicant sends off PR application. *If you are already resident* in Quebec, you can send the PR application at the same time as the sponsorship application.

DON'T send a copy of your CSQ application to CIC - it has nothing to do with them!
Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Apply to sponsor a close relative

Bienvenue (bientôt) au Québec

Last edited by Shirtback; Mar 18th 2015 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Merci!

It's just strange that the checklist for the first part to CIC requires IMM008 - general application form for Canada, in which it asks about the certificate. It asks for the date that you applied for the certificate if you haven't received it yet? I just don't get how that's answered if this form is required before the MIDI part? so strange or probably just me reading too much into it haha
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

On working on this tonight - I've clicked Validate and it doesn't show that not entering the date in the box is an error so that's good! It must know that obviously the first stage is to apply for it - unless anyone has any different experience of this?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Im crazy - ignore me - upon reading and re-reading CIC guide - checklist is not required at this stage this is only required after CIC approval, and then MIDI approval onto final stage what a relief. sorry for flooding my own post
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Huge, massive, abject apologies to Sharkxpunch & anyone else reading:

I got it WRONG, Sharkxpunch, you were on the right track.

Corrections:
1. Sponsor completes CIC sponsorship application: only Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), Sponsor Questionnaire(IMM 5540) + required documents.
(See Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada)
Spouse completes the application for permanent residency and sponsor sends everything (including checklist) off to CIC.

2. When sponsor receives approval, s/he fills out the 'undertaking' application for Quebec, the applicant fills out the request for a Quebec selection certificate and you send these together to MIDI, along with the confirmation of sponsorship approval from CIC.

DON'T send a copy of your CSQ application to CIC - it has nothing to do with them!
Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Apply to sponsor a close relative

I'm terribly sorry, embarrassed and mortified That will teach me to triple check my sources.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hey don't worry at all!! I'm glad to have an answer! I honestly thought this was the right process originally so I'm going to get my stuff together! Can't wait to be there