Provincial Nominee Program?

Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

paul0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provincial Nominee Program?

Hi,
Myself and my wife were planning to make the move to Canada on a TWP but I was just informed about the Provincial Nominee Program.
Has anyone done it this way? It sounds fairly straight forward but just wanted to get abit of advice or some tips.
Do Canadian employers get involved in this program i.e if you get nominated is it easier to find work with a Canadian Employer?
It would be nice to have a job offer before heading out to try and cut down on the stress when first arriving but I don't know if thats abit to perfect!
Sorry just one last thing doe's anyone know how long the whole process can take?
I did try reseaching the internet to try and avoid hassleing you guys but you get so many variations it puts your head in abit of a spin!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice
Default Re: Provincial Nominee Program?

What do you do for a living? That can make the difference on how you proceed, where in Canada are you planing on going?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

I am a qualified Carpenter.
We were kind of thinking about either BC or Alberta but in all honesty it will probably be the case of going where the work is but BC and Alberta were our preference.
When we first started looking into starting a life in Canada I tried the skills shortage method for a permanent residence visa but I was about two years short of education because I left school at sixteen so I didn't earn enough points.
Thanks for your response.
Paul.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

I'm in Calgary on a TWP and will be going for PNP in the near future. I'm just waiting on the results of my trade exam then I can proceed with the PNP application.

Try this link for more info for Alberta PNP.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...-criteria.aspx
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Check this link for a list of PNP Programmes and other info

http://www.canadavisa.com/provincial...n-program.html
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:11 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

we got in on the BC PNP, and i keep waiting for the tricky bit! we had to get dh a job offer first, then we applied for PNP and ti came thru in 16 weeks. then we landed and got TWP with no issues at all ( well the immi officer kept asking dh for his LOM and he kept saying"we dont need one we are PNP!" ) eventually they realised and let him have it
i came in two weeks later with his TWP to get my SOWP and you then get 6m to apply for PR, (which is what we are doing just now)
its MUCH easier and you dont need points, the age requirements are more lax and it is in your hand in 4m. whats not to like.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciated.
Sorry to sound like a div but the only thing I'm abit confused about is actually getting the job offer.
Say I look for work in Canada from the UK, how do I find an employer who is willing to wait the time it takes for me to get my PNP/TWP? when they could just hire someone local and save all the hassle.
Is there a particular website where there are job offers from Canadian firms for UK residents or do I just send out a mass of CV's and keep my fingers crossed?
In all honesty thats the only thing worrying me and I'm not actually too sure about.
Sorry to be a pain in the backside!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul0
Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciated.
Sorry to sound like a div but the only thing I'm abit confused about is actually getting the job offer.
Say I look for work in Canada from the UK, how do I find an employer who is willing to wait the time it takes for me to get my PNP/TWP? when they could just hire someone local and save all the hassle.
Is there a particular website where there are job offers from Canadian firms for UK residents or do I just send out a mass of CV's and keep my fingers crossed?
In all honesty thats the only thing worrying me and I'm not actually too sure about.
Sorry to be a pain in the backside!
A lot have made a recce trip to Canada and spoke with potential employers
and have had interviews or been interviewed by Skype or other means.
Some have indeed sent out a wad of CVs but have had no luck.
Put yourself in a companies position if you were hiring someone would you hire them based on a CV that may have been slightly embellished or not or do a face to face?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the great info guys.
Yeah I thought that would be the case. It was just wishful thinking on my part hoping an employer would hire someone without even meeting them first.
I was kind of hopeing there was some kind of magical website out there designed just for UK trades people trying to find work in Canada while still in the UK.
I'd love to do a recce trip but unfortunatley just can't afford it at the moment but perhaps in the future that would make alot of sense.
Take care and thanks again.
Paul.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

Hi Paul,
I my husband and I came on a Bunac visa (only available to people between the ages of 18-30) then got jobs then got BCPNP and now applying for PR. It took 16 weeks for the PNP and we are almost there with the PR and that has taken almost a year. Don't give up. I know it looks like a monumental task before you but it really isn't that bad once you get into it. Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...012/ob279D.asp
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

I know it doe's all seem very daunting but as you say once the ball starts rolling then things will take shape, fingers crossed anyway!.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
All the best, Paul.