Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Hi Andrew M., et al

I just to want revive a question from a previous post which remained unanswered. This is regarding year 2000 applications just awaiting now for PP request after being given a positive selection decision during the periods after April 1, 2003. What if the proposed settlement gets approved by MIC prior to PP request - will those applications be back on queue and wait for 2007?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:58 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Originally Posted by amina
Hi Andrew M., et al

I just to want revive a question from a previous post which remained unanswered. This is regarding year 2000 applications just awaiting now for PP request after being given a positive selection decision during the periods after April 1, 2003. What if the proposed settlement gets approved by MIC prior to PP request - will those applications be back on queue and wait for 2007?
If you have a positive selection decision then it does not apply to you.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:11 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you have a positive selection decision then it does not apply to you.
Here are the affected classes in this matter. Only cases fitting these criteria are included and affected by this proposed settlement.

"The class consists of:

1. persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:
1. whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003;
2. whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
3. whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied or or before December 31, 2004; or
4. whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and
2. all family members, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of persons referred to in (a), above, including family members who were not listed in the application."
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

october__boat is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview waver it is considered a selection decission in this case ?
Thx
October__boat
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by october__boat
Interview waver it is considered a selection decission in this case ?
Thx
October__boat
Yes. It is a selection decision.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:19 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

How about people who did an interview, and were asked to submitt police certificates and additional documents? Does is it count as a selection decision?

My brother sent his application in Dec 2001, had an interview in March 2003, and he was asked for additional documents (police certificates and so on..) He wasn't asked to do his medicals though. Will he be affected by this delay? If yes, am I reading this correctly, that he will have his case finalized in 2008? :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

october__boat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx, Jim
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by MJ23
How about people who did an interview, and were asked to submitt police certificates and additional documents? Does is it count as a selection decision?

My brother sent his application in Dec 2001, had an interview in March 2003, and he was asked for additional documents (police certificates and so on..) He wasn't asked to do his medicals though. Will he be affected by this delay? If yes, am I reading this correctly, that he will have his case finalized in 2008? :scared:
He is not affected. The medicals are probably held up because the background check takes so long that the medical's validity could elapse.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:08 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

He is not affected. The medicals are probably held up because the background check takes so long that the medical's validity could elapse.
Thanks Jim!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

saima_ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MJ23
Thanks Jim!

Hi Jim,

I applied in Oct 2003, Got interview waiver in July 04, submitted Additional doc, Done medical and recently added spouse(waiting for spouse medical). But i was refused in July 2003 when i applied in Jan 2002. Will this new class effect me as in my case selection decision is made

Waiting

S
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by saima_ali
Hi Jim,

I applied in Oct 2003, Got interview waiver in July 04, submitted Additional doc, Done medical and recently added spouse(waiting for spouse medical). But i was refused in July 2003 when i applied in Jan 2002. Will this new class effect me as in my case selection decision is made

Waiting

S
Since you have re-applied and were successful at selection, it does not concern you.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road

ok so just to make sure this only affects aplications made before January 1, 2002.

I just applied in July 2004 would it affect me or anyone that applied after 2002?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road

Since you have re-applied and were successful at selection, it does not concern you.
Hi Mr. Humphries,

I am reading all these threads with regards to future delays, correct me please if I am wrong.

My timeline againprocessing at Trinidad Office)
Applied DEC-03
AOR - JAn-04
Waiting for an IA

Would my application be affected? From what I have read I am not sure whether my application fits into that category of delays posted by CIC.

Thanks
jpaul
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:26 pm

Thumbs up Re: Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Originally Posted by jpaul
Hi Mr. Humphries,

I am reading all these threads with regards to future delays, correct me please if I am wrong.

My timeline againprocessing at Trinidad Office)
Applied DEC-03
AOR - JAn-04
Waiting for an IA

Would my application be affected? From what I have read I am not sure whether my application fits into that category of delays posted by CIC.

Thanks
jpaul
Only those who applied prior to January 1, 2002 might be affected. You are not.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road

Only those who applied prior to January 1, 2002 might be affected. You are not.
Grateful for your response as usual.
Jpaul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.