Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Old Nov 20th 2004, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Amina,
Thanks for reviving the question. I owe you one.

Jim,
Thanks for the soothing answer. You know I didn't sleep well last night because of too much thinking on what will be the future of my application. You see, I just couldn't get the logic why applicants who have been on queue from 2-4 years have to burden another loads of anxieties and miseries brought by this proposed settlement. Imagine they have to wait another couple of years just for the selection decision plus how many months more for the background/security checking.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you have a positive selection decision then it does not apply to you.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:38 am
Just Joined

buffalo_sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are the affected classes in this matter. Only cases fitting these criteria are included and affected by this proposed settlement.

"The class consists of:

1. persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:
1. whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003;
2. whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
3. whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied or or before December 31, 2004; or
4. whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and
2. all family members, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of persons referred to in (a), above, including family members who were not listed in the application."
Hi Jim,
The "Class" definition says, as you mentioned, :
- whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003

I just received a letter from "Operational Coordination and Public Liasion-Selection" regarding the law suit. Does receiving this letter imply that the lawsuit and its decision affects my application?

I applied in Oct 2001 at Buffalo and received the Interview Waiver, did my medicals and paid RPRF in April 2004.

I will really appreciate your response and should people like me, who are waiting for Passport Request for many months now, opt-out from the "benefits" of the law-suit?

I will really appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Imran.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 12:25 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buffalo_sufferer
Hi Jim,
The "Class" definition says, as you mentioned, :
- whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003

I just received a letter from "Operational Coordination and Public Liasion-Selection" regarding the law suit. Does receiving this letter imply that the lawsuit and its decision affects my application?

I applied in Oct 2001 at Buffalo and received the Interview Waiver, did my medicals and paid RPRF in April 2004.

I will really appreciate your response and should people like me, who are waiting for Passport Request for many months now, opt-out from the "benefits" of the law-suit?

I will really appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Imran.
It should not cover your situation.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello experts,

As I read about the Razolzadeh matters, although I did not finished it because my head felt dizzy, when I went through those words that selection decision for 2001 applicant will be on August 2008! I want to cry because I am an affected applicant. I waited for almost 4 years and then again I have to wait another four years? I hope, they will put themselves on our shoes so that they too can feel the suffering of waiting we have experienced.

Please explain to me a little bit, because if I read it again, it might cause my blood pressure to rise again.

But anyway, IT IS GOD'S WILL THAT PREVAIL!!!

waitingforsolong

Originally Posted by jpaul
Grateful for your response as usual.
Jpaul
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:17 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hello experts,

As I read about the Razolzadeh matters, although I did not finished it because my head felt dizzy, when I went through those words that selection decision for 2001 applicant will be on August 2008! I want to cry because I am an affected applicant. I waited for almost 4 years and then again I have to wait another four years? I hope, they will put themselves on our shoes so that they too can feel the suffering of waiting we have experienced.

Please explain to me a little bit, because if I read it again, it might cause my blood pressure to rise again.

But anyway, IT IS GOD'S WILL THAT PREVAIL!!!

waitingforsolong
This all started because the CIC wanted to apply the new Act retroactively. Persons who applied under one system, such as you, would have been assessed under a different one that they had not idea about when they applied. Many would have failed of course. It is a longer story than that but that is what it is all about - retrocative application of new law. You already know the sad result.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sir,

Thanks for the quick answer but I feel sad. Spent a lot of money, waiting for so many years and a lot of anxieties and stress have been experienced but the outcome is not clear yet. I do not want to die waiting for a useless application and expenses. Many I will just forget it.

waitingforsolong

This all started because the CIC wanted to apply the new Act retroactively. Persons who applied under one system, such as you, would have been assessed under a different one that they had not idea about when they applied. Many would have failed of course. It is a longer story than that but that is what it is all about - retrocative application of new law. You already know the sad result.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:13 pm

Talking Re: Proposed Settlement Of The Rasolzadeh Class Action

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hello sir,

Thanks for the quick answer but I feel sad. Spent a lot of money, waiting for so many years and a lot of anxieties and stress have been experienced but the outcome is not clear yet. I do not want to die waiting for a useless application and expenses. Many I will just forget it.

waitingforsolong
Well, alternatively you could be one of the ones forcing the department to do what they should have done before they got into their ill-considered, poorly executed retroactivity plan.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jim,

From your point blank answer, am I right to assume that those who already got selection decision need not bother even if they receive a letter from Operational Coordination and Public Liasion-Selection? Thanks again.

It should not cover your situation.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by amina
Hi Jim,

From your point blank answer, am I right to assume that those who already got selection decision need not bother even if they receive a letter from Operational Coordination and Public Liasion-Selection? Thanks again.
The straight text reading is pretty clear. If you have a positive selection decision you are not part of the class.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:01 am
Just Joined

buffalo_sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point

The straight text reading is pretty clear. If you have a positive selection decision you are not part of the class.
Hi Jim,
Please don't get me wrong here but after waiting for more than three years, it is just to much depressing for applicants like myself and Amina to go through another waiting process. The straight text reading tells us here that you are part of the class if you haven't gotten a selection decision before April 2003. What about selection decisions that are taken after April 2003?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by buffalo_sufferer
Hi Jim,
Please don't get me wrong here but after waiting for more than three years, it is just to much depressing for applicants like myself and Amina to go through another waiting process. The straight text reading tells us here that you are part of the class if you haven't gotten a selection decision before April 2003. What about selection decisions that are taken after April 2003?
Since you have a favourable selection decision I do not see how the class action matter can now affect you. As the song goes - "they can't take that away from" you.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:52 am
Just Joined

drreddy is an unknown quantity at this point

To,

Jim Humphries,

Hello Sir,

I MN Kumar am sending this mail in regard to the immigration matter and Rasolzadeh Class Action. I have filed for PR to Canada in the Year 2000. In the year 2004 october I recieved medical forms as well as interview waiver. I have completed my medicals along with my wife and have sent RPRF for my spouse and me as well as processing fee for my spouse. In the Medicals of my spouse only X-ray has been deferred by us as she is 7 months pregnant. Last week we recieved another letter from High Commission to get even the X-ray examination done other wise our application would be rejected.

This was one problem and the other one we have discovered recently is Rasolzadeh Class action.

Do these two factors affect my application.

Please advice me sir as we are tensed and greatly disappointed with these new developments.

Thanking you

Sincerely,
MN Kumar
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by drreddy
To,

Jim Humphries,

Hello Sir,

I MN Kumar am sending this mail in regard to the immigration matter and Rasolzadeh Class Action. I have filed for PR to Canada in the Year 2000. In the year 2004 october I recieved medical forms as well as interview waiver. I have completed my medicals along with my wife and have sent RPRF for my spouse and me as well as processing fee for my spouse. In the Medicals of my spouse only X-ray has been deferred by us as she is 7 months pregnant. Last week we recieved another letter from High Commission to get even the X-ray examination done other wise our application would be rejected.

This was one problem and the other one we have discovered recently is Rasolzadeh Class action.

Do these two factors affect my application.

Please advice me sir as we are tensed and greatly disappointed with these new developments.

Thanking you

Sincerely,
MN Kumar
It seems to me that you have received a favourable selection decision and therefore the Razsolzadeh case should not affect your application. I would be surprised if the visa office actually told your wife to take the x-ray at this time in her pregnancy. What did the letter say exactly?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:40 pm
Ika
Just Joined

Ika is an unknown quantity at this point

Please,MR Jim

I've applied on 15 Aug 2001
Now I will go for interview on 9 Dec 2004

Would my application be affected? From what I have read I am not sure whether my application fits into that category of delays posted by CIC.

Thank you for your time
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bluegrass is an unknown quantity at this point

This law is bullshit. I know many friends who are under this class and obtained their medicals, visas, interviews, ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.