proof of relationship

Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Chrisg221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of relationship

Please can anyone help?I am applying for PR and my wife is sponsoring me. I only have Canadian phone records for the last 6 months. I was on pay as you go back in the UK so i don't have those records. Am i right in thinking that 6 months is enough? I have so much more proof i.e letters wedding pics holiday pics flight and hotel confirmation etc. Also i hear that its advisable to include a letter saying why you want to live in Canada and get PR , has anyone done this before? Thanks for reading.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of relationship

Originally Posted by Chrisg221
Please can anyone help?I am applying for PR and my wife is sponsoring me. I only have Canadian phone records for the last 6 months. I was on pay as you go back in the UK so i don't have those records. Am i right in thinking that 6 months is enough? I have so much more proof i.e letters wedding pics holiday pics flight and hotel confirmation etc. Also i hear that its advisable to include a letter saying why you want to live in Canada and get PR , has anyone done this before? Thanks for reading.
Read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp

Spouse

You are a spouse if you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legally valid.

If you were married in Canada:
•You must have a marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place.

If you were married outside Canada:
•The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
•A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:54 am
Just Joined

We were married in Grimsby Ontario and we have a wedding licence from Ontario. it was totally a legitimate wedding. I just don't know how much proof they actually want!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to provide as much for Spousal as you do for Common-Law, and there's no hard-and-fast list of what you have to supply - just give them enough information so that someone reading it can say "Oh yeah they have a legit relationship, they didn't just get married in order to get sponsorship" or something like that. Everything together, along with your own narrative, should tell a story and should show the progression and ongoing nature of your relationship.

Hope that helps
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that! I would say i have way too much evidence but Im not taking any chances! On the narrative subject what exactly do you write? Sorry for sounding needy but Im sending my papers off next week and i want it to be perfect! It has been so stressful sorting all this out!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:35 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

They'll want the marriage certificate (not the licence)

Other proofs can be:
- Photos of your relationship / engagement / wedding ceremony and reception
- Evidence of living together (if you have lived together) like joint rental lease or mortgage. Perhaps you both have your names on the hydro bill. If you both have driving licences showing the same address then photocopy the licence
- If you have joint bank accounts or insurance policies then provide the details
- If you've visited each other in different countries provide the flight itineraries or, if those aren't available, photocopy the entry stamps from your passports.
- If you've ever sent money to each other to pay for expenses (like your wedding) put in the details. I supplied a stack of print outs from my UK bank account and then Paypal showing where I'd sent money to my Canadian spouse to pay for our wedding when I was working back home.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:43 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisg221
Thanks for that! I would say i have way too much evidence but Im not taking any chances! On the narrative subject what exactly do you write? Sorry for sounding needy but Im sending my papers off next week and i want it to be perfect! It has been so stressful sorting all this out!
I'm assuming you're referring to IMM5490 Question 9.
Basically start at the beginning and write it a bit like an essay. Start with when and where you met and a brief bit about how the relationship started. Talk about places you've visited together or trips you've taken. If you lived apart explain any times you visited each other (including the dates/duration of visits). Explain when and where you got engaged etc. Basically a timeline of the course of your relationship.

I submitted my spousal application last month so I have a complete fresh application on my PC. I wrote about one A4 sheet for that question and covered a 5 year relationship. Doesn't need to be a biography just an outline with the important details. It'll get backed up by the rest of your application (photos, flight tickets etc).

My application was checked and approved by an immigration lawyer I'm using here so I'm assuming it's "right". If you need some help with any of the questions send me a Private message and I'll be happy to help you through it. I know what a pain in the ass it is to fill out so many forms.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:01 am
Just Joined

No i meant including a letter saying why i want to be a PR. You are right though the process is a bit of a farce! Thank you for your offer i probably will take you up on it lol
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:32 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
I'm assuming you're referring to IMM5490 Question 9.
Basically start at the beginning and write it a bit like an essay. Start with when and where you met and a brief bit about how the relationship started. Talk about places you've visited together or trips you've taken. If you lived apart explain any times you visited each other (including the dates/duration of visits). Explain when and where you got engaged etc. Basically a timeline of the course of your relationship.

I submitted my spousal application last month so I have a complete fresh application on my PC. I wrote about one A4 sheet for that question and covered a 5 year relationship. Doesn't need to be a biography just an outline with the important details. It'll get backed up by the rest of your application (photos, flight tickets etc).

My application was checked and approved by an immigration lawyer I'm using here so I'm assuming it's "right". If you need some help with any of the questions send me a Private message and I'll be happy to help you through it. I know what a pain in the ass it is to fill out so many forms.
I wrote this one as well, my husband about barfed when he read it and accused me of basically submitting a Mills and Boon book to CIC (or Harlequin, depending if you're reading this as a Brit or a Canadian). But yeah, just basically cover the major milestones - how you met, when you started dating, when you moved in together, any notable trips you took, when you met each other's parents, etc - basically it should be the story that ties all the other evidence together.

And then send that narrative to Penguin to get published. Or, if you're my husband, burn it.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 5:54 am
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I wrote this one as well, my husband about barfed when he read it and accused me of basically submitting a Mills and Boon book to CIC (or Harlequin, depending if you're reading this as a Brit or a Canadian). But yeah, just basically cover the major milestones - how you met, when you started dating, when you moved in together, any notable trips you took, when you met each other's parents, etc - basically it should be the story that ties all the other evidence together.

And then send that narrative to Penguin to get published. Or, if you're my husband, burn it.
Might be a female thing. The parts my wife filled in were barf worthy and promptly rewritten