IEC extension and options ?

Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:32 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC extension and options ?

Myself and family all have PR's and my eldest sons friend arrived last week activating his IEC. He is determined to stay here somehow and is talking about extending his IEC for 12 months.

They are hoping to start there own business running camps etc. My son is already coaching a school team together with 2 other teams and they both have degrees in coaching & sports development.

My son is obviously OK as he has a PR so the questions are related to his friend.

1. - When would he need to apply for an extension to his current IEC ? This year but only activate it in Jan next year ?

2. - IF (and I realise it's a HUGE if) the camps business took off, could he go through the LMO route with my son looking for a Canadian and if no one suitable employ his friend ?

3. - Is there another way to get PR following the IEC

Any advice (I've already told him to find a Canadian girl to Shack up with !) I can pass along would be great.

Cheerz
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC extension and options ?

Originally Posted by Animal
Myself and family all have PR's and my eldest sons friend arrived last week activating his IEC. He is determined to stay here somehow and is talking about extending his IEC for 12 months.

They are hoping to start there own business running camps etc. My son is already coaching a school team together with 2 other teams and they both have degrees in coaching & sports development.

My son is obviously OK as he has a PR so the questions are related to his friend.

1. - When would he need to apply for an extension to his current IEC ? This year but only activate it in Jan next year ?

2. - IF (and I realise it's a HUGE if) the camps business took off, could he go through the LMO route with my son looking for a Canadian and if no one suitable employ his friend ?

3. - Is there another way to get PR following the IEC

Any advice (I've already told him to find a Canadian girl to Shack up with !) I can pass along would be great.

Cheerz
1. IEC is not extendable he would need to apply for another one ie 2013 and then activate that one when his current IEC runs out providing he is still eligible to aplly and meets the requirement. IEC is not open yet so keep an eye on this link
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

2. Highly unlikely that HRSDC would approve an LMO but not impossible.
3. There are over 50 ways to get PR.