Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing time for FBI criminal record checks

Processing time for FBI criminal record checks

Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Processing time for FBI criminal record checks

Has anyone else had to request criminal background checks from the FBI (if they have been lived in the US for longer than 6 months) and how long did it take? I keep checking my bank account to see if it has been debited and still nothing.... This is delaying our whole application

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time for FBI criminal record checks

Hi

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Has anyone else had to request criminal background checks from the FBI (if they have been lived in the US for longer than 6 months) and how long did it take? I keep checking my bank account to see if it has been debited and still nothing.... This is delaying our whole application

Thanks
It takes about 6-8 weeks these days.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

abdc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi-

Have you had yours back now? I haven't been debited and sent my application and £70(!!!) worth of fingerprints off in November.

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I got mine back within 3 weeks. Perhaps you should chase?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

I sent mine off yesterday, also with 65 pounds value fingerprints! (so expensive). I'm praying mine comes back in 3 weeks like Jane Barlow. As soon as the program opens it's gonna be torture watching the quota being filled, while I wait. Cross fingers it's not too late. Good luck
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

abdc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks-

Have you got a phone number? I was looking on the website and could only see the address to contact them.

I will give it another week then start worrying.

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

kirbyking46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abdc
Thanks-

Have you got a phone number? I was looking on the website and could only see the address to contact them.

I will give it another week then start worrying.

Thanks
I think 6-8 weeks is a good timeline for it. I sent mine in the 2nd week of November and started checking my account for the CC charge from the middle of December but it wasn't until 22nd of December that it reflected. The clearance came in on Monday 7th Jan.
I think my paranoia was mostly around the rejection of the fingerprints even though it was taken at the same police station I did it 3 years ago for the FSW July 2010.
I hope yours comes in soon
Old Jan 12th 2013, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

I did manage to find a phone number somewhere on the FBI website. I sent a cover letter with my fingerprints and also opened a FedEx account so they could return it quicker.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm just trying to fill in my FBI checks (I was in the U.S for just over 9 months about 7 years ago), and I'm abit stuck on 2 of the boxes to fill in, namely:

Employer and Address: I'm finding conflicting info on whether this is the Employer and Address of the place that is doing your fingerprinting i.e The name and address of the UK police station doing the printing or whether its your own Employers address?

Reason Fingerprinting: Do you just write in For Immigration to Canada or is there some code etc that you have to write?

Any help will be seriously appreciated!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boogler
Hi all,

I'm just trying to fill in my FBI checks (I was in the U.S for just over 9 months about 7 years ago), and I'm abit stuck on 2 of the boxes to fill in, namely:

Employer and Address: I'm finding conflicting info on whether this is the Employer and Address of the place that is doing your fingerprinting i.e The name and address of the UK police station doing the printing or whether its your own Employers address?

It's your employers name and address.

Reason Fingerprinting: Do you just write in For Immigration to Canada or is there some code etc that you have to write?

I think you put international experience Canada work visa. Or something like that. Still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed ours come back on time!

Any help will be seriously appreciated!
Flo
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry my answer is sort of hidden in the quoted question.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Flo,

No worries, I spotted it

I'm currently unemployed so I'm not sure what to put now then for my employer

Yeah hopefully they'll be back by May
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Me too haha. The guy that did my fingerprints said I should write 'in between jobs'.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ha yeah, I was going to write 'Man of Leisure' but in between jobs is probably better
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Let me know when you get yours back. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.