Processing Stages For PMM

Old Nov 20th 2004, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road
Default Processing Stages For PMM

Dear PMM,

I have read some intresting reply from you in previous threads with regards to processing and so I would very much appreciate your expert comments here. I have a few clarifications I would like you to comment on.

1. After the original file creation - Is this where the applicant gets his AOR letter at this stage?

2. During the first stage of processing - Is this where your application is paper screen? Can your application be refused at this point?

3. Once the paper screening is finished - Is the other stage a further assesment for Interview or Interview waiver?

So correct me if I am wrong, once an application pass through the paper screening in a positive way is it safe to say that chances of an application for approval is greater than a refusal.

Thank you for your comments.
jpaul
Old Nov 20th 2004, 11:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing Stages For PMM

1. Yes

2. In some visa post there is a paper screening stage, in others it doesn't exist. Depending from procedures implemented in particular visa post application may be refused at paper screening stage if points score is initially calculated at that time. If points are not calculated then application may be refused at this stage if applicant doesn't meet any of regulatory requirements - settlement funds and minimum work experience

3. Next stage is initial assessment when decision about interview is made and if interview is waived then preliminary selection decision is made.

Passing any of the stage means really nothing in respect to chances as some claims may not check out during background check (verification of education and experience credentials), then any of 3 admissiblity checks may result in negative decision.

Please don't get me wrong here - I'm not trying to put you down and be pessimistic. I just want you to be realistic and concentrate on case preparation not on chances. And be prepared that there is nothing sure until you have a visa and land as a PR.

Originally Posted by jpaul
Dear PMM,

I have read some intresting reply from you in previous threads with regards to processing and so I would very much appreciate your expert comments here. I have a few clarifications I would like you to comment on.

1. After the original file creation - Is this where the applicant gets his AOR letter at this stage?

2. During the first stage of processing - Is this where your application is paper screen? Can your application be refused at this point?

3. Once the paper screening is finished - Is the other stage a further assesment for Interview or Interview waiver?

So correct me if I am wrong, once an application pass through the paper screening in a positive way is it safe to say that chances of an application for approval is greater than a refusal.

Thank you for your comments.
jpaul
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Processing Stages For PMM

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
1. Yes

2. In some visa post there is a paper screening stage, in others it doesn't exist. Depending from procedures implemented in particular visa post application may be refused at paper screening stage if points score is initially calculated at that time. If points are not calculated then application may be refused at this stage if applicant doesn't meet any of regulatory requirements - settlement funds and minimum work experience

3. Next stage is initial assessment when decision about interview is made and if interview is waived then preliminary selection decision is made.

Passing any of the stage means really nothing in respect to chances as some claims may not check out during background check (verification of education and experience credentials), then any of 3 admissiblity checks may result in negative decision.

Please don't get me wrong here - I'm not trying to put you down and be pessimistic. I just want you to be realistic and concentrate on case preparation not on chances. And be prepared that there is nothing sure until you have a visa and land as a PR.
Thank you Mr. Miller. I clearly understand what you are saying and of course your reply brings much clarity to my question.
Grateful for your usual prompt response.
jpaul