Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

send passport from Canada to Berlin to get visa?

send passport from Canada to Berlin to get visa?

Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default send passport from Canada to Berlin to get visa?

Hi everyone,
please excuse me for asking this question, I know I have seen an answer from Andrew somewhere to a similar case, but am unable to find it again

OK, the situation is as follows ( for my case and a friend's case who applied 4 weeks before me):
- spousal sponsorship from outside Canada through Berlin office, however we are both in Canada on a visitor's visa right now to stay with our husbands, who are Canadians.
My friend received her passport request yesterday to send it to Berlin within 60 days.
Now we would like to know, whether we can fed-ex it from Canada directly to the embassy in Berlin and they fed-ex it back to Canada. She/me could then (after receiving passport with visa) go to the immigrations office at the US-border and land there. This would save both of us a ticket back to Germany. Would that be possible?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:14 am
Just Joined

dibelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: send passport from Canada to Berlin to get visa?

Hi experts, please!

Would be interested in the answer as well!

dibelli
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
Hi everyone,
please excuse me for asking this question, I know I have seen an answer from Andrew somewhere to a similar case, but am unable to find it again

OK, the situation is as follows ( for my case and a friend's case who applied 4 weeks before me):
- spousal sponsorship from outside Canada through Berlin office, however we are both in Canada on a visitor's visa right now to stay with our husbands, who are Canadians.
My friend received her passport request yesterday to send it to Berlin within 60 days.
Now we would like to know, whether we can fed-ex it from Canada directly to the embassy in Berlin and they fed-ex it back to Canada. She/me could then (after receiving passport with visa) go to the immigrations office at the US-border and land there. This would save both of us a ticket back to Germany. Would that be possible?
The embassy in Berlin does not have to mail passports out of its jurisdiction. You could send them in by Fedex including a prepaid return AWB and envelope to avoid the problem. Of you could have the passports returned to your mailing address in Germany and then have them sent on to you from there, assuming a friend or relative is at that address and willing to help out.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:35 am
Just Joined

dibelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim :-)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The embassy in Berlin does not have to mail passports out of its jurisdiction. You could send them in by Fedex including a prepaid return AWB and envelope to avoid the problem. Of you could have the passports returned to your mailing address in Germany and then have them sent on to you from there, assuming a friend or relative is at that address and willing to help out.

Ok, I got my passport request today , it took only 3 months , I am surprised how quick that went! I am going to check with Berlin, if they accept my passport by fed-ex the way Jim suggested and will keep you posted if that worked...
Thanks for your support
Annette
Old Nov 20th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries

Hi Jim, it worked exactly the way you suggested!! After I had sent my passport by Fedex to Berlin, they issued the visa and sent it back to Canada via Fedex. The whole process took 10 days and cost 50 CAD each way - cheaper than a flight ticket..
Now I have a visa and lots of time left to land. Thank you for your advice and good luck to everyone else here in the forum
woodworm
Old Nov 21st 2004, 12:26 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
Hi Jim, it worked exactly the way you suggested!! After I had sent my passport by Fedex to Berlin, they issued the visa and sent it back to Canada via Fedex. The whole process took 10 days and cost 50 CAD each way - cheaper than a flight ticket..
Now I have a visa and lots of time left to land. Thank you for your advice and good luck to everyone else here in the forum
woodworm
It is always nice when things work out as planned!