PROBLEMS WITH WORKPERMIT

Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

esmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the rough
Default PROBLEMS WITH WORKPERMIT

Hi guys,

Can ANYONE PLEASE give me some guidance or advice here.
As you've seen on my previous threads me and my husband both got jobs in vancouver. We are working through agents here in South Africa who got us the job offers and handle all our affairs regarding the move to canada.
Yesterday we got word back from the agents that our request for workpermits was denied. From what i've seen on the internet and i might be totally of the spot, is that if you got a job offer then you should get a workpermit.. its not as if we've got criminal records etc.
So.. in the beginning of this letter we got it starts with the following sentence..." We have received your application for permantent residence in Canada in the Federa Skilled Worker Class on 10 August 2009.
NOW... if i understand correctly there is a huge difference between PR and a work permit.. but according to our agents if you apply for a work permit you are automatically seen as a candidate thats going to apply for PR in future. Not to be rude but this sounds (to me) like a load of ****. But please feel free to correct me if im wrong.
Now the next step is that they're going to appeal the results of the application.
Please , if anyone got any advise regarding this , if would be much appreciated.. because i really dont know what to do now.
It just seems to me that someone doesnt now how to do their job properly.
im going to attached the letters we got.
THANKS in advance!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Application results Esmaree.doc (29.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: doc
Application results Johan.doc (29.5 KB, 145 views)
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROBLEMS WITH WORKPERMIT

What sort of work permit did you want?

A temporary work permit to enable you to get here and start work (which is what it sounds like) and then maybe apply for pr later OR straight for PR (whuch gives you a work permit anyway?

It seems as though you or your agents applied for the latter and if I have understood their refusal correctly it fell down on 2 points - 1) the wrong class for pr was applied for and 2) you don't have the skills needed for the job that was offered to you. Unfortunately a job offer does not equate to a work permit - I could be offered a job as a brain surgeon, but unless you satisfy CIC that you have all the skills necessary to perform the tasks, they will refuse your application.

They have advised that you can apply under another class - but from the sounds of it I would make sure your immigration agent knows what they are talking about first.

Out of interest were there any points in any of the job descriptions on the NOC list under which you applied that you can prove that you are capable of / have performed. If you are going to appeal you have to show CIC why they are wrong although i'm not sure how succesful these appeals are.

Good luck.

Last edited by mandymoochops; Dec 1st 2009 at 7:35 am.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esmaree
From what i've seen on the internet and i might be totally of the spot, is that if you got a job offer then you should get a workpermit..
Unfortunately, not correct. To get a Temporary Work Permit, you first need a LMO - this is the document which proves that your potential employer has advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job. Just having a job offer isn't enough, you need the job offer and the LMO before you can apply for the TWP.

So.. in the beginning of this letter we got it starts with the following sentence..." We have received your application for permantent residence in Canada in the Federa Skilled Worker Class on 10 August 2009.
The letters that you've attached don't relate to a Temporary Work Permit at all. They related to a PR application, so I'm very confused as to what exactly you've applied for?

Did you apply for PR as a Skilled Worker with arranged employment (which is what the letter says)? If so, did you have your AEO?

And where does the work permit bit come in, did they apply for that as well??

I would suggest you re-read the Wiki and research TWP's, LMO's, AEO's, and Skilled Worker applications a bit more so that you can understand exactly what this company is doing on your behalf, what the requirements for these visas are, and what the process is.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:06 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

As you've seen on my previous threads me and my husband both got jobs in vancouver. We are working through agents here in South Africa who got us the job offers and handle all our affairs regarding the move to canada.
Yesterday we got word back from the agents that our request for workpermits was denied. From what i've seen on the internet and i might be totally of the spot, is that if you got a job offer then you should get a workpermit.. its not as if we've got criminal records etc.
NOW... if i understand correctly there is a huge difference between PR and a work permit.. but according to our agents if you apply for a work permit you are automatically seen as a candidate thats going to apply for PR in future. Not to be rude but this sounds (to me) like a load of ****. But please feel free to correct me if im wrong.
Now the next step is that they're going to appeal the results of the application.
Please , if anyone got any advise regarding this , if would be much appreciated.. because i really dont know what to do now.
THANKS in advance!!!!!
hi esmaree

so sorry to hear this! i can't offer any advice but i really hope this gets sorted and that you find your way to canada.

good luck xx
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi guys,

THANKS in advance!!!!!
1. I really don't know who you hired, but I hope their rates are really cheap.
2. From your posted letters it would appear that you applied for PR through Vegreville. The only applications for PR to Vegreville are "in-Canada" spousal, H.& C. and Live in Caregivers as well as visitor/worker/study extensions. All others have to submitted to an office outside Canada.
3. You said that you had job offers, did the employers get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC? Which you would use to apply for a work permit allowing you to work in Canada. Or did they apply for Approved Employment Options from HRSDC which is used to support a PR application, it doesn't give you permission to work in Canada.
4. It sounds like you don't have a work permit, so if you have an AEO you would include that with your application for PR under the FSW. You would have to apply to Sydney NS for preliminary approval. If your application was accepted by Sydney, you would then would have 120 days to submit a complete application to Pretoria.
5. I think that you should really read the instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

esmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your replies. What you explained, was more or less what we thought should happen. We've now emailed the consulate here in Pretoria as well. And are trying to get our job offers etc etc from the agents ( because according to them they've got ALL the paperwork needed like the AEO's and so on. ) Then were gonna try doing this on our own , because i think at this stage we know more than the agents. OR they could just be scammers
I'll post all the info that we get from here on , and put my trust in the people here which have been a greater help to me than the idiots i've been paying... and no, they didnt come cheap. So at this point im desperate, and really need to sort this out, cause all that money is down the drain now.
Thanks again for replying
Old Dec 27th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

thepatmores is an unknown quantity at this point

We had some problems with our work permits due to so called immigration expert swapped to Burnett Immigration in Regina they were brilliant sorted everything made sure we hd what we needed they are now sorting our PR i know you can submit it yourself but when ou have adoption matters and death of parents to deal with the experts are worth the money. Good Luck I hope all gets sorted.