Problems filling in PR Forms

Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default Problems filling in PR Forms

Hi there,
Having figured out that we can afford to make to jump from the UK to Canada I have started filling out the forms.......... Oh boy ! What fun....... Dates, what a nightmare I can barely remember what year I was born.
Let's get straight to the point.
I'm filling out form IMM 0008 Background declaration as a dependent spouse.
I am at the point of filling out what jobs have I been doing since I was 18 - nightmare - My working life in my teens to late 20's consisted of working freelance all over the world on a self employed basis, therefore if I wasn't working I was "resting" or took on a job waitressing or such to fill in until the next job. How on earth do I fill in this section "Personal History" do I attach some kind of CV or letter of explanation ? It says that it will possibly delay my application if not filled in !!!!
Also I am now self employed but work on a regular basis for a company, but also work for other people also, I'm not too sure where on earth to start with this, any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers !
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

MrBBQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems filling in PR Forms

Hi,

As you were self employed you can put down "self employed". You don't need to put in every contract as these were only contracts and not jobs. You will need to specify the waitressing jobs as these were jobs.

Just make sure you are clear about the dates and details, they don't like any gaps in history. If you can't get the details for a job you can just put in rough dates and send a covering letter explaining why.

I have just got my details together and it's been a marathon but I now have almost everything I can get and will be preparing a cover letter for the rest!

Hope this helps,

Jed
Old Jun 8th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jed, Thanks for answering.

I have been sat here for 8 hours solid (sore behind and aching back) lol
and have only got up to "additional family information".
I have been raiding my filing cabinets for any clues to dates etc, but still having a nightmare. I thought it may take some time and have been proven right.
I'll keep plodding on through old diaries etc and see what I can put together.
Thanks again and best of luck with your application , (by the way you do send it to Sydney, Canada and not the London office don't you ?)
Old Jun 8th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Hi Jed, Thanks for answering.

I have been sat here for 8 hours solid (sore behind and aching back) lol
and have only got up to "additional family information".
I have been raiding my filing cabinets for any clues to dates etc, but still having a nightmare. I thought it may take some time and have been proven right.
I'll keep plodding on through old diaries etc and see what I can put together.
Thanks again and best of luck with your application , (by the way you do send it to Sydney, Canada and not the London office don't you ?)
Hi Pudseytwo.

I had a similar experience with getting paperwork together when we applied back on 2007, as I have been contrating for a number of years now.
Not sure if its identical situation but I had to try and contact all agencies I had got work through to confirm dates that I was working for certain clients, as my contacts from the clients had moved on.
I just grabbed what I could, but they essentially wanted 5 years duration of proof of employment, not necesaryily consecutive though.

So I would target accumulating 5 years from where you can and as long as you get the dates OK that should do you on the work side.

Just thought I'd mention our experience, hopefully will be worth all the backaches.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ellejay,
Thanks for your reply.
I've been working since I was 13 (34 years ago - aaaargh !) so shouldn't have a problem rustling up 5 years of work - lol
I didn't work for any agencies, I got all the work through people I knew, I think they call it "networking" though these days ! ha ha....
I'm going to do my best and put a cover letter in with it and
As a matter of interest how did you deal with the section about proving that you can speak, listen and write in English ?
Thanks again
Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Hi Ellejay,
Thanks for your reply.
I've been working since I was 13 (34 years ago - aaaargh !) so shouldn't have a problem rustling up 5 years of work - lol
I didn't work for any agencies, I got all the work through people I knew, I think they call it "networking" though these days ! ha ha....
I'm going to do my best and put a cover letter in with it and
As a matter of interest how did you deal with the section about proving that you can speak, listen and write in English ?
Thanks again
Not sure on the answer as we didnt provide any specific proof of all the English bits.
We assumed that things like nationality, exam certificates and proof of education, shows the schools attended and hence indirectly English being proven as a primary language.

HTH
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again Ellejay,
That's what we figured, but like most forms and briefs they have left certain questions wide open to be interpreted differently. There have been lot's of questions which are not 100% clear and even when we have referred back to the reference /information booklet we have still struggled with them.
We are hoping for the best and I think the covering letter will be quite a long one ! lol
Regards L&S