WP Renewal Wait Times

Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

orange247 has a spectacular aura aboutorange247 has a spectacular aura aboutorange247 has a spectacular aura about
Default WP Renewal Wait Times

Applying for my fourth WP this year (same employer). However I've been noticing over the years that the wait times from Vegreville have been increasing dramatically since 2006. Back then as far as I know renewals were handled in the same unit as new applications. Then they split into unit 202, same employer renewals and unit 203, new employer

Since then wait times have spiralled out of control with wait times for renewals now regularly exceeding 100 days, why? CICs own literature still states that you should allow a minimum of 30 days before expiry of current WP to renew.

In 2007 my wait time was 44 days, right now it is up to 95 and counting and I fully expect to lapse into 'implied status' even though I applied for a renewal over three months before expiry. Loosely following CICs guidelines would mean many more applicants are falling into 'implied status' on a daily basis due to the slow times at Vegreville.

My application does not need an LMO and a American colleague of mine (similar job/WP) recently waited 115 days for his last renewal. So what is going on at CIC Vegreville, or specifically Unit 202?

Current wait for Unit 203 is 19 days!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WP Renewal Wait Times

I have heard about all of theis and am going to go round the flagpole instead, most people just get moaned at and I can deal with that