Probably a stupid question

Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Fiona2110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Probably a stupid question

If we apply for PR and in the meantime my husband is offered a TWP or a permanent offer with all the LMO etc criteria are met, how does that affect the PR application?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Default Re: Probably a stupid question

Originally Posted by Fiona2110
If we apply for PR and in the meantime my husband is offered a TWP or a permanent offer with all the LMO etc criteria are met, how does that affect the PR application?
CIC says that a permanent job offer will speed up your PR application.
Also, under the new rules, a permanent job offer will be required for PR application.

so, it positively affects your PR app.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:26 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ikatita
CIC says that a permanent job offer will speed up your PR application.
Also, under the new rules, a permanent job offer will be required for PR application.

so, it positively affects your PR app.
Where in the new rules does it say that a permanent job offer will be required with your application? I thought you could still apply with out a job offer, there is just no guarantee it would be processed if it is not an occupation in demand?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Where in the new rules does it say that a permanent job offer will be required with your application? I thought you could still apply with out a job offer, there is just no guarantee it would be processed if it is not an occupation in demand?
you are probably right, you can apply, but it might not be processed,
for all questions re the new rules, please refer to Andrew Miller's post and the subsequent discussion in this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521862

------
to the OP:
for the effect on a permanent job offer on your PR app when on a TWP, there is also a relevant Wiki entry:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Fiona2110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice, guys.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James Martindale
James - you are right, it does not say that. There is a lot of speculation at the moment and a comment like that is inaccurate and misleading...Whilst it may be true that the chances of getting in are reduced if you don't have a permanent job offer, the lack of one doesn't necessarily exclude you..Well not according to the information seen so far regarding the c-50 and the changes.
I am sure those individuals on the soon to be published "Occupations in demand" list will not be needing to have a permanent job offer and as I have stated in some other posts, certainly for a lot of the medical professions it is not even possible to become licensed by the relevant licencing body and therefore work unless you already have a "landed" status..
But as mentioned, having arranged employment of some sort should expedite your application..
Cheers
Tim