Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Pregnancy whilst applying for Express Entry

Pregnancy whilst applying for Express Entry

Old Apr 12th 2019, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

malithdisala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy whilst applying for Express Entry

Dear Members,

i'm a new member and hoping to do my Express entry DIY, its a family profile with me and my wife. our Combined CRS Score is 473 for both and 447 for me.

my WES will be done next month and IELTS is already done (Speaking -8 listening - 8 Reading - 7 - writing - 7 )

however, we have been blessed with a child and wife is 3 months pregnant now. and i'm hoping to apply for express entry this month.

i need to clarify few things with experts here since situation has changed now.

01- i'm hoping to submit express profile as primary candidate, once my PR is approved can i add wife's and kid's details as dependent candidates ?
02 - what are the complication i may face when adding a child into the express entry profile whilst she is still pregnant? is that even possible?

also appreciate your extra input that will be helpful.

thank you,
Malith
Old Apr 12th 2019, 7:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnancy whilst applying for Express Entry

You're not a new member, you've been here since 2011, an old timer!

But you need to add your wife (and possibly child, depending on where in the process you are when s/he is born) to your application to start with, not once you get PR.

If your child is born after you get PR it's more complicated as you'll have to sponsor him/her, but if your wife is 3 months pregnant now (congrats btw!), then you're not likely to have PR by then anyway particularly as you haven't got your ECA yet. So you'll just need to add your son/daughter to your application once s/he is born.

HTH.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for your help really appreciate it. actually the problem i face is that since i am hoping to submit my express entry as soon as my eca is done,

can i change my profile once it's submitted ?

thanks,
malith
Old Apr 19th 2019, 7:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malithdisala
Hi,
Thanks for your help really appreciate it. actually the problem i face is that since i am hoping to submit my express entry as soon as my eca is done,

can i change my profile once it's submitted ?

thanks,
malith
Change your profile for what?
Old Apr 19th 2019, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Change your profile for what?
Hi what i meant was my express profile, can i amend it once it submitted ?
Old Apr 19th 2019, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by malithdisala
Hi what i meant was my express profile, can i amend it once it submitted ?
Yes you can, but I meant what were you planning on amending? You can only do things like change your IELTS results if you retake it and get higher marks, or add a job offer etc. Your child will be added to your actual PR app, not the EE profile as hopefully by the time s/he is born you'll be well on your way to getting PR and have already submitted the application, so that's a different process.