Spousal Visa Help

Old Apr 19th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Langley0909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Spousal Visa Help

Hi Everyone,

Long of the short i had an account over a year ago in reference to myself (British guy) getting a spousal visa through my now (Canadian) wife, however due to financial reasons (getting married) this has slipped back a while until now. My wife has family and family friends in Canada that have offered to accommodate, give/help us get jobs and help us get on our feet once we get there. I have filled out the majority of the forms i can tell are required as has my wife. I have several questions which I'm hoping you guys may be able to help with.

1) When stating educational qualifications should i list them separately or all together ( GCSE`s etc)?
2) Is there an actual financial minimum requirement as when we have checked recently it states there is no minimum as was previously?
3) Which if any supporting documents could you guys recommend I should include/not include that would be most beneficial in helping my case.
4) When it asks how many family members are included in my application, does this mean everyone i and my wife that have stated (both of our parents and siblings etc)?
5) Does the SIA in the UK count as a professional association?

I'm more than happy to share more information to give perfect if it helps just didn't want this to be a super long post.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Last edited by Langley0909; Apr 19th 2019 at 4:04 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa Help

Originally Posted by Langley0909
1) When stating educational qualifications should i list them separately or all together ( GCSE`s etc)?
GCSEs and A levels are just high school, I think I listed the numbers but not the subjects (eg: "<year> <number> GCSEs"). It's not that important. 'year, finished high school' really covers the same ground.
2) Is there an actual financial minimum requirement as when we have checked recently it states there is no minimum as was previously?
There has not been a minimum financial requirement to sponsor a spouse for many years, if there ever was one. The minimum income requirement only appears in spousal applications if you have dependent children who themselves have dependent children.
3) Which if any supporting documents could you guys recommend I should include/not include that would be most beneficial in helping my case.
The ones they ask for. If you're looking at a list of options eg 'include two from this list of 6', then pick the two that you feel best show your relationship, or whatever point it is that document is going to show. Don't include things they haven't asked for, which would just make life harder for the person making the decision.
4) When it asks how many family members are included in my application, does this mean everyone i and my wife that have stated (both of our parents and siblings etc)?
No, that only refers to your specific family, not all of your relatives. Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?.
SIA stands for a few different things, but whatever kind of 'association' it is would probably be included in the 'list every org you've ever been a member of' section of the form, yes.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 4:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa Help

Originally Posted by Langley0909
Hi Everyone,

Long of the short i had an account over a year ago in reference to myself (British guy) getting a spousal visa through my now (Canadian) wife, however due to financial reasons (getting married) this has slipped back a while until now. My wife has family and family friends in Canada that have offered to accommodate, give/help us get jobs and help us get on our feet once we get there. I have filled out the majority of the forms i can tell are required as has my wife. I have several questions which I'm hoping you guys may be able to help with.

I'm more than happy to share more information to give perfect if it helps just didn't want this to be a super long post.

Many thanks in advance

Andy
Hello and welcome back to BE! If you can remember the email address you used or username (even if you can't remember the p/w) contact BEVS and she may be able to meld your 2 usernames to one account - https://britishexpats.com/forum/priv...=newpm&u=16446

Onto your questions.... DO make yourself a drink and have a good read of our fabulous WIKI sections on spousal sponsorship! Just about everything you will need to know is in them - including how to answer each section, what backing documentation to provide and step by step guides to filling everything out!

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...sorship-Canada
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...lication_Forms
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...hip-Canada/FAQ

We;ve also a lengthy thread on Spousal Sponsorship (London) that you might find of use - even if just to 'meet' others going through the process.
Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 19th 2019 at 4:23 pm.