PR supporting documents. Help!

Old Dec 17th 2020, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Canadaherewecome5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR supporting documents. Help!

Just trying to finish our application and get the supporting docs together.
My husband is the main applicant, but based on my Work History section, I have been asked to supply confirmation letters from all of my previous employers.

My issue is this: My previous employment does not add any extra points. I have been at home since I had my first child 14 years ago. Is it essential to try and get hold of supporting documents from this far back (3 schools, 2 of which are on extended xmas break and one which has since closed) or can I just delete my work history from the application seeing as it won't affect our score?

Thank you!
Old Dec 17th 2020, 1:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR supporting documents. Help!

Originally Posted by Canadaherewecome5
Just trying to finish our application and get the supporting docs together.
My husband is the main applicant, but based on my Work History section, I have been asked to supply confirmation letters from all of my previous employers.

My issue is this: My previous employment does not add any extra points. I have been at home since I had my first child 14 years ago. Is it essential to try and get hold of supporting documents from this far back (3 schools, 2 of which are on extended xmas break and one which has since closed) or can I just delete my work history from the application seeing as it won't affect our score?

Thank you!
Welcome to BE!
Put them in your personal history instead of your employment history - if your work history offer no value, then no need to put them in employment history at all.
It's very common as seen in this thread
Old Dec 18th 2020, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much - saves one headache BUT now for another........

Re Police Certificates.

We have been here for 3 years already and got ahead by getting our (Canadian) Police Certificates done early. BUT the system is asking for PC's from the UK where we lived from 2014-2017 and also Australia 2009-2014. BUT NOT CANADA?! Is this for real? Getting one from the UK shouldn't be too hard, but Australia is, as we don't have enough evidence anymore of having lived there to accumulate the 100 points required.

What to do.......

Old Dec 18th 2020, 3:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Re Police Certificates.

We have been here for 3 years already and got ahead by getting our (Canadian) Police Certificates done early. BUT the system is asking for PC's from the UK where we lived from 2014-2017 and also Australia 2009-2014. BUT NOT CANADA?! Is this for real? Getting one from the UK shouldn't be too hard, but Australia is, as we don't have enough evidence anymore of having lived there to accumulate the 100 points required.

1. Yes. CIC will do a name check and then determine is you need a Canadian Police report.
2. Police reports have nothing to do with "points" they are to determine if you have a criminal record. You need them The instructions are here on how to obtain them. https://tinyurl.com/yad32s3g

What to do.......
Old Dec 18th 2020, 4:13 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Re Police Certificates.

What to do.......
No need for police report from Canada, they will notify you if they decide they need one (if you have a similar name and birth date to a known felon, for instance)... but you must obtain them from the UK and Australia - apply asap! https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tificates.html

Looking at the form for Australia, if you supply your passport and your birth certificate (2 primary documents) - that will give you 140 points.. there's also the option to include non-Australia documents equivalent to Australian documents which is worth a further 20 points, or details of a credit card / utility bills which is worth another 25. They don't say that the credit card (or utility bills) - secondary ID - has to be Australian. .
https://afpnationalpolicechecks.conv...fline_form.pdf / https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/se...checks#process
I recommend you apply online - to save time. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...australia.html / https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi 2. Police reports have nothing to do with "points" they are to determine if you have a criminal record. You need them The instructions are here on how to obtain them.
The OP is referring to this, for the Australia police check "AFP NPC FORM-5024 Attachment A: Proof of Identity (this section must be completed) A minimum of 100 points of identification has to be provided with the application. Please ensure that only photocopies of the original documents are attached"

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 18th 2020 at 4:49 am.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. We thought maybe the primary birth certificate required was an Australian one so ours would not count - but we're going this route and will see what they say.
We really appreciate all your help - this really is more hassle than we anticipated!! We were so pleased with ourselves for getting the Canadian Police check done and returned so quickly!

Last edited by Canadaherewecome5; Dec 18th 2020 at 1:10 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 3:21 pm
Banned

Thank you. We thought maybe the primary birth certificate required was an Australian one so ours would not count - but we're going this route and will see what they say.
We really appreciate all your help - this really is more hassle than we anticipated!! We were so pleased with ourselves for getting the Canadian Police check done and returned so quickly!
You're most welcome! If you look at the top of the form snippet I posted it says "Foreign Documents must be accompanied by official translations" - and some of the lines specifically say "Australia/n" but others don't specify. Most Govt. document checklists are literal (Canada's is - so ensure you follow it to the letter) and state exactly what is required.. so hopefully you should be ok with scanning copies of your passport / birth certificate / utility bills / etc. - it's just proof you are who you say you are and you live where you say you live, after all.

Don't forget if you lived in Queensland you will need a traffic history - and for Victoria a full license history, if either of those apply to you best to get a wriggle on and obtain those asap!