Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR as a spouse - biometrics but no medial requested

PR as a spouse - biometrics but no medial requested

Old Jun 13th 2021, 1:50 am
Just Joined

New_in_BC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR as a spouse - biometrics but no medial requested

Hi All,

I applied in January for PR as a spouse of a Canadian citizen outside Canada. Our plans changed/accelerated and we moved to Canada in February 2021. I updated my address and asked if it was possible to change it to the "in Canada" route. I did not get any replies. In Mid March I was asked to submit my bio-metrics - which I did very quickly. In April I got a confirmation that my application was moved to the London office. I have not heard back since. What confuses me is that I was not yet asked to do my Medical - even though this is usually done before it is moved to the London office. HAs anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR as a spouse - biometrics but no medial requested

Originally Posted by New_in_BC
Hi All,

I applied in January for PR as a spouse of a Canadian citizen outside Canada. Our plans changed/accelerated and we moved to Canada in February 2021. I updated my address and asked if it was possible to change it to the "in Canada" route. I did not get any replies.
No, you cannot switch from outland to inland like that, you would have to withdraw the outland and resubmit a new set of papers as inland. Sounds like they are carrying on processing it as an outland application (which is still fine).