PR Processing time scales

Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Processing time scales

Hi

What if your job offer is in a completely different class to that which you originally applied and is process for and yet you are still qualified and experienced to do?

Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by new-life
Hi

What if your job offer is in a completely different class to that which you originally applied and is process for and yet you are still qualified and experienced to do?

No, it wouldn't affect things at all. If it isn't under the same NOC as you've applied for PR under, that's fine.

Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:36 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by new-life
Hi

It seems bizarre, I know!

You get into Canada because you have recent experience in a job category that is supposedly "in demand", yet the don't seem to care that you do an entirely different job when you get there!

How that makes sense, I don't know, but it is nevertheless true.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean....luckily for me I drop into 2 NOC's 1 of which I applied for the other I may have a potential job offer for

Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Christmasoompa and Helcat thats really helpful
Old Sep 7th 2011, 11:56 am
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

If I miss the cut off for the 500 limit on the NOC, I will await CRNBC registration and apply for TWP, we need to be in canada for my daughters next phase of education K11/K12. Sept 2012.

Thanks for the info. Jo

With Brazolot 2 Sept 12Sent to CIC Sydney 8 Sep 11(Might have missed the boat, 410/500 RN Noc filledas at 6 Sept 11.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:25 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
If I miss the cut off for the 500 limit on the NOC, I will await CRNBC registration and apply for TWP, we need to be in canada for my daughters next phase of education K11/K12. Sept 2012.

Thanks for the info. Jo

With Brazolot 2 Sept 12Sent to CIC Sydney 8 Sep 11(Might have missed the boat, 410/500 RN Noc filledas at 6 Sept 11.
How does it stand for getting an LMO for nursing posts? I haven't read anything about that anywhere which is what makes me ask.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by helcat12
How does it stand for getting an LMO for nursing posts? I haven't read anything about that anywhere which is what makes me ask.
I am not sure, I know registration and licencure is a must to get a job in nursing, no point applying until this comes through. Once that happens and I apply for a job and get an offer, as I understand it, they apply for LMO or PNP and I apply for TWP. All being well we will then still move next summer and PR will have to catch up. If we are outside the 500 limit this year (Fedex advised it arrived at Sydney this morning) then we can still apply for PR with a job offer.
If anyone knows any different please let me know. Particularly if you have knowledge of this process, and perhaps work in the industry It really matters. Trevor and Jo.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:37 am
Island life at last

I am not sure, I know registration and licencure is a must to get a job in nursing, no point applying until this comes through. Once that happens and I apply for a job and get an offer, as I understand it, they apply for LMO or PNP and I apply for TWP. All being well we will then still move next summer and PR will have to catch up. If we are outside the 500 limit this year (Fedex advised it arrived at Sydney this morning) then we can still apply for PR with a job offer.
If anyone knows any different please let me know. Particularly if you have knowledge of this process, and perhaps work in the industry It really matters. Trevor and Jo.
You do need a medical if you go for TWP before your PR is processed because of your job, don't forget that.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Thanks helcat, do you agree with the rest? Read some interesting comments today regarding the chap with DUI convictionand is unable to fly on TWP, very sad. I have the same consultant that he used, ours should be very straight forward, we spent a great deal of money trying to get ahead and through the door ahead of the 500 limit.

I am sure many in the industry read these posts, therefore I will have to refrain from anymore comment on individuals. He is acting on our behalf and would not want any retributions!

Back on subject, is the route via TWP likely to work from your experience?

Trevor
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:08 am
Island life at last

Thanks helcat, do you agree with the rest? Read some interesting comments today regarding the chap with DUI convictionand is unable to fly on TWP, very sad. I have the same consultant that he used, ours should be very straight forward, we spent a great deal of money trying to get ahead and through the door ahead of the 500 limit.

I am sure many in the industry read these posts, therefore I will have to refrain from anymore comment on individuals. He is acting on our behalf and would not want any retributions!

Back on subject, is the route via TWP likely to work from your experience?

Trevor
Well, it is working for us (at least it is so far!)
My OH got a job offer, then successfully applied for LMO and TWP at Port Of Entry last August.

Our FSW Cat application went in a year and two days ago and we are just witing for medical requests now.

It really depends on what you have in mind for timescales.

I think in these economically nervous times it is dangerous to bank on a job still being open to you well over a year after it has been offered as you would have to with an AEO-based application (but I may be wrong in some businesses).

However, if you go on an LMO and TWP and either the job ends before the PR is processed, or your processing outlasts your LMO/TWP and it is not renewed, then you have the risk of having to find another job pronto or go home.
PNP would remove this risk, though.

Each route has its drawbacks, risks and its benefits and those will depend on your circumstances and what your timescale is for getting to Canada.
Your children's ages and their school stage will presumably be a core consideration for you.

On the subject of the applicant with the conviction, it is sad but highlights the risk of trusting wholly an immigration consultant when your future is at stake.
Personal research is vital as only you can know your personal circumstances and take responsibility for your application choices and success.

Don't leave your family's future completely in the hands of a stranger.

Posters here are knowledgeable and helpful and there are current and past immigration consultants and immigration officers and all sorts of other useful folk at your disposal, so you are not alone.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:24 am
Account Closed

Again thanks. We have 10 months to get sorted, I don't fly and our passages by sea are booked for next july! You would be surprised how few passags are available by sea to North America. We are now waiting and i have sent a private post to christmasoompa for further advice, I hope she responds..

Are you now in canada then? We are prepared to take a chance with TWP and trust that Pr will come in the fullness of time, OH has been offered a job in Oz and it is being kept open for her, far simpler process for Oz, but , Canada is our dream, one must persue a dream if given the opportunity!

PR app arrived at CIC 9.9.11
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:53 pm
Island life at last

Are you now in canada then? We are prepared to take a chance with TWP and trust that Pr will come in the fullness of time, OH has been offered a job in Oz and it is being kept open for her, far simpler process for Oz, but , Canada is our dream, one must persue a dream if given the opportunity!

PR app arrived at CIC 9.9.11
I am going over for good at the end of the month, at last.
We were cautious; not being rich and loving where we live, we didn't want to risk it all going wrong, so I stayed here to keep home going while my OH went to work and check out what living in Canada was really like.

It has been unremittingly horrible living apart and with hindsight we waited too long to be back together, but there have been some benefits - my OH's job is established now, we have savings in Canada and he has assured us both it is the place for us.

We didn't realise that PNP would mean freedom from the LMO/TWP renewal worry and that would have saved us a lot of heartache had we known and used that route, but there you go.

I would recommend PNP over FSW Cat 2 just for the security it brings - of course it cannot ever guarantee you will get PR, but it can make the wait a lot less stressful.

I hope it all works out for you. Where are you aiming to settle in Canada?
We are in B.C.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

BC also, Vancouver island looks great, also fancy Sunshine coast or even kamloops perhaps, girls will be 16 and 13 so this requires us to find some life near a city or large town, we also need to take into account, education, good schools, university in the near future.

Good luck with your new life, very jealous