PR Police Check Help

Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough
Default PR Police Check Help

I received an email regarding my Police Check today:

"The police certificate you have submitted from the UK indicates a result of “NO LIVE
TRACE”.
‘NO LIVE TRACE’ means that the applicant has a conviction history that is not disclosed due to
the retention guidelines and step down model. Convictions are stepped down according to the
age of subject, the final outcome, the sentence imposed, and the offence category.
Please provide court conviction history documentation indicating summary of conviction,
reprimand, warnings, caution, the final outcome, the sentence imposed, and the offence category."

Now, when I first applied for my police check back in 2013 for my first IEC, the report/any information on my arrest, I was issued a caution back in 2006, was considered spent and therefore "gone"?!

Any ideas on what I can do??

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Police Check Help

Originally Posted by chrisflats
Any ideas on what I can do??
Not sure what you mean what you can do? You just have to tell the truth and submit the police cert. What is it you're applying for?

You say you thought it was spent, but what did you put on your previous IEC application?
Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the quick reply christmasoompa!

My uncle works in the force, so I'm going to see if he can pull any info.

In my cover letter for both my IECs I wrote this :

My police certificate reads as ‘No Live Trace’, as you can see on my IMM1295 I have given brief details of my arrest and caution on 2006/04/20. This caution has been considered ‘spent’ in the UK and my local Police Station have no information or record of this incident.
As for the caution itself, I was celebrating my 18th birthday and made a stupid mistake to tamper with a road sign with friends. As a result I was put in a police car and issued a caution. This happened nearly 10 years ago and naturally it is something I deeply regret.

Probably one of the dumbest things I have done, that is haunting me 10 years later ...
Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fine to me, as long as you declared it for your first IEC then you've done nothing wrong!

All you need to do is get full documentation as requested (or proof that you've tried to do so if there isn't anything), and you should be fine.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps your uncle will know, but I think you have to make a subject access report to find out the details.

https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx

you can apply online, it costs £10 but email first to check you are completing the right forms.

This is what IRCC tell you to do:

If your police certificate states “No Live Trace”, you will have to provide documentary evidence of your “stepped down” convictions (i.e. the convictions not showing on your Police Certificate). This information can be found by contacting ACRO directly.

How to Get a Police Certificate - United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey

S
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quick reply christmasoompa!

My uncle works in the force, so I'm going to see if he can pull any info.

In my cover letter for both my IECs I wrote this :

My police certificate reads as ‘No Live Trace’, as you can see on my IMM1295 I have given brief details of my arrest and caution on 2006/04/20. This caution has been considered ‘spent’ in the UK and my local Police Station have no information or record of this incident.
As for the caution itself, I was celebrating my 18th birthday and made a stupid mistake to tamper with a road sign with friends. As a result I was put in a police car and issued a caution. This happened nearly 10 years ago and naturally it is something I deeply regret.

Probably one of the dumbest things I have done, that is haunting me 10 years later ...
For immigration purposes nothing is ever spent.

Please, don't ask your uncle to "pull any info" - whether he is a civilian or a serving officer, its illegal and could cost him his job. Follow the link in the post above mine and get a subject access check.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

and ask IRCC for more time (in good time) for you to send them the info depending on what the processing time is.

S
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Snowy560 & Pollyana!

Just started looking into the subject access!

PS. in reference, my uncle was just for advice on my situation, wrong verbage!

Thanks again
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Snowy560 & Pollyana!

Just started looking into the subject access!

PS. in reference, my uncle was just for advice on my situation, wrong verbage!

Thanks again
No probs Go for the subject access, that should do it.

You may not believe it,but when I worked in criminal records in the UK it was quite common for mates to just say 'can you look up my new boyfriend/neighbour/etc'.They often couldn't see a problem with asking and wondered why I aways refused!!
Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

My Mum found the original caution form the Police gave me, so hopefully that helps too!
Old Sep 20th 2016, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

chrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum found the original caution form the Police gave me, so hopefully that helps too!
Unfortunately that only evidences the caution you have referred to; theoretically there could be other arrests, cautions or convictions that have been "stepped down" and this will be CIC's concern. (all would also potentially cause a "no live trace" result. without any specifics listed on the Police certificate)

If you haven't don't so already, order the Subject Access Request from ACRO ASAP as this could take up to 40 days. (especially overseas)
Old Sep 20th 2016, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisro55
Unfortunately that only evidences the caution you have referred to; theoretically there could be other arrests, cautions or convictions that have been "stepped down" and this will be CIC's concern. (all would also potentially cause a "no live trace" result. without any specifics listed on the Police certificate)

If you haven't don't so already, order the Subject Access Request from ACRO ASAP as this could take up to 40 days. (especially overseas)
Totally! Yeah I ordered the SA early last week & requested a extension on the deadline to the CIC, in case it takes forever to process