PR/PNP Question

Old Aug 9th 2020, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR/PNP Question

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows any information on this, I got permanent residency back in May and was a BC provincial nominee, I know as a PR we are entitled to work in any job anywhere in Canada (I am not planning on leaving BC as home is here and everything is awesome), but I couldn't find any information anywhere about a "time in a job requirement" because I have provincial nomination through BC. So for example, if I were to leave my NOC B job and work in a different field would my PR be revoked because I didn't honor my provincial nomination? Is there a certain amount of time I have to stay in my current job/employer because It was part of my provincial nomination? Or once you have COPR you can do whatever you like, work wise? I am considering a different career path in the near future and just wanted to find out if I have to stay with my current employer/job for a certain time period or if I can start looking into options fairly soon.

Thanks, any info will be great!

Old Aug 10th 2020, 2:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR/PNP Question

Originally Posted by tomcobb16
Hi all,
Hi

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows any information on this, I got permanent residency back in May and was a BC provincial nominee, I know as a PR we are entitled to work in any job anywhere in Canada (I am not planning on leaving BC as home is here and everything is awesome), but I couldn't find any information anywhere about a "time in a job requirement" because I have provincial nomination through BC. So for example, if I were to leave my NOC B job and work in a different field would my PR be revoked because I didn't honor my provincial nomination? Is there a certain amount of time I have to stay in my current job/employer because It was part of my provincial nomination? Or once you have COPR you can do whatever you like, work wise? I am considering a different career path in the near future and just wanted to find out if I have to stay with my current employer/job for a certain time period or if I can start looking into options fairly soon.

Thanks, any info will be great!

1. Once you are a PR the mobility clause, allows you to work anywhere in Canada.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can work in any job. Your PR could only be revoked if it could be proved you obtained it by misrepresentation i.e. you’d never intended to live in BC or work in that job.

Only thing is that if your PNP was employer sponsored they may not be best pleased if you leave them after a short time when they’ve put a lot of time and effort in to getting you there! So don’t burn your bridges if you’ll need them as a reference for future jobs etc.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can work in any job. Your PR could only be revoked if it could be proved you obtained it by misrepresentation i.e. you’d never intended to live in BC or work in that job.

Only thing is that if your PNP was employer sponsored they may not be best pleased if you leave them after a short time when they’ve put a lot of time and effort in to getting you there! So don’t burn your bridges if you’ll need them as a reference for future jobs etc.
Thanks for the info christmasoompa, I am not planning on leaving my current job right now but could consider possible different career paths in the future, if something arises! As for staying in BC, that is definite for sure, me and my partner are not wanting to move to another province!