Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry REJECTED. Police Certificate unacceptable

Express Entry REJECTED. Police Certificate unacceptable

Old Aug 8th 2020, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

AmazingBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Express Entry REJECTED. Police Certificate unacceptable

Hi Guys,

As the title reads, My EE application was rejected for being "Incomplete". Apparently my Police Certificate was not deemed acceptable fir some reason. I used CRB direct and provided all the documents necessary so this is confusing to me. This is quite upsetting. Any ideas as to why my certificate was insufficient or unacceptable?

Thanks for any help, as always

Blue.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry REJECTED. Police Certificate unacceptable

We have done ours and used ACRO as advised by IRCC on the website I may be wrong but I this is the only one they accept.
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Last edited by Lichisadave; Aug 8th 2020 at 6:43 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmazingBlue
Hi Guys,

As the title reads, My EE application was rejected for being "Incomplete". Apparently my Police Certificate was not deemed acceptable fir some reason. I used CRB direct and provided all the documents necessary so this is confusing to me. This is quite upsetting. Any ideas as to why my certificate was insufficient or unacceptable?

Thanks for any help, as always

Blue.
ACRO is the one you should have used, the only one they accept.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

IRCC official link clearly directs you to ACRO here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-kingdom.html
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
We have done ours and used ACRO as advised by IRCC on the website I may be wrong but I this is the only one they accept.
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Thank you and you're correct, I found this out after finally being able to get into my account. Now my question is, how long did that process take you and is there anything i should be aware of when doing it?
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you and you're correct, I found this out after finally being able to get into my account. Now my question is, how long did that process take you and is there anything i should be aware of when doing it?
Easy and straightforward to apply for. In non-Covid times took 2 or 3 weeks to come through.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Easy and straightforward to apply for. In non-Covid times took 2 or 3 weeks to come through.
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked through it and apparently i need an endorser. That's why i had to ask about the process.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked through it and apparently i need an endorser. That's why i had to ask about the process.
Yea they do. I asked my boss at work and he was fine for me to provide his details. Easy peasy.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Yea they do. I asked my boss at work and he was fine for me to provide his details. Easy peasy.
Oh! so you don't need a letter??? Just their contacts? OK sweet.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh! so you don't need a letter??? Just their contacts? OK sweet.
I dont honestly recall, it is all in the form and instructions you download.
Old Aug 9th 2020, 12:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-Online

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.
and.. https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Ce...FAQs#Endorsers
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said, endorser just needs to be someone who knows you and holds a position of responsibility , in my 4 ACRO requests (using 3 different people) none of them have ever been contacted.I just rang people and asked them if they'd be OK with it.

As for timescales - outside of covid I've never waited more than a week, you can pay extra for it in 48 hrs or so if I remember correctly.