PR Medicals...Northern Alberta

Old Mar 30th 2018, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

donnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Medicals...Northern Alberta

Hello

Thought I'd post a message about our PR Medicals we had yesterday!

We applied for PR in Aug 2017, had the email to say we are IN the system in Oct.

On 20th March this year we got the Medical email...!
Found a panel Dr...
Two adults and two children...$400 each.

Sent to our local hospital...
Bloodwork and chest x-ray $173 each (as our youngest if 7yrs she didn't have this done).

BUT, as we had Alberta Healthcare we had it at a discounted price (no explaination why)
otherwise it should have been $480 each for blood/x-ray!!

Also had to pay $60 cash to the Radiologist (eh hum!) to 'take a peak at the images and put them on disk'...

We had set aside some funds knowing this was coming, but it still brought a tear to our eyes.

Just thought I'd let y'all know....
Old Mar 30th 2018, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Medicals...Northern Alberta

That’s helpful actually. So thank you!
We’re about to start our CEC application to PR. We live in Calgary and I was wondering what they actually check for in the medicals.
Not that I’m concerned for either myself or my husband- he has asthma but it’s not really bad and he just uses an inhaler every now and then (usually when he’s been around a lot of animals!).
So is it just a blood test they do and chest x-rays?

Thanks!
Old Mar 30th 2018, 5:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by suzeandmatt
That’s helpful actually. So thank you!
We’re about to start our CEC application to PR. We live in Calgary and I was wondering what they actually check for in the medicals.
Not that I’m concerned for either myself or my husband- he has asthma but it’s not really bad and he just uses an inhaler every now and then (usually when he’s been around a lot of animals!).
So is it just a blood test they do and chest x-rays?

Thanks!
1. Chapter 4 of the Panel Physician Handbook outlines the tests: http://tinyurl.com/y75wnbnz
Old Mar 30th 2018, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Chapter 4 of the Panel Physician Handbook outlines the tests: http://tinyurl.com/y75wnbnz
Great thanks! :-)
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

donnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pretty routine physical ( i thought)...
checked blood pressure, height, weight, eyes,ears, throat & listened to chest, arm/leg strength/resistance.
and then a list of the usual...'any history of ?'

The blood test is mainly looking for syphilis/HIV etc (lab at the hospital told us) and x-ray is looking for TB...on the whole, the questions ask for long standing (and possibly expensive for the Health authority) illness.

Took all our pills-pots with us to show meds and dose...

I wasn't asked for it but I took my Pap-smear result in case.

otherwise 2hrs for the 4 of us...then nearly 4hrs waiting around the hospital!
Old Mar 31st 2018, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donnydon
It's a pretty routine physical ( i thought)...
checked blood pressure, height, weight, eyes,ears, throat & listened to chest, arm/leg strength/resistance.
and then a list of the usual...'any history of ?'

The blood test is mainly looking for syphilis/HIV etc (lab at the hospital told us) and x-ray is looking for TB...on the whole, the questions ask for long standing (and possibly expensive for the Health authority) illness.

Took all our pills-pots with us to show meds and dose...

I wasn't asked for it but I took my Pap-smear result in case.

otherwise 2hrs for the 4 of us...then nearly 4hrs waiting around the hospital!
Good to hear thanks. I’m certainly not concerned it’s just good to know what I’m getting myself in for! Despite being a healthy person without any health issues I still hate the idea of being analysed! Haha

Thanks for the info though! :-)