PR cards not received

Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

cath888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR cards not received

Hi All,

My partner and I landed in Canada in March this year. We gave our friends' address for our PR card to be sent to, as at the stage we had no address or work.

After a few months we realised that we had been a bit optimistic on the work front, so had to accept coming back to the UK to work until opportunities presented themselves in Canada.

We expected our PR cards to arrive before we headed back but still have not had news of them arriving at our friends' address. It has now been 9 months since we applied for our cards, with no correspondence from the immigration office.

My plan is now to contact the Vancouver office by telephone (enquiring online does not work as our application seems to no longer be on the system - guess because it is 'complete').

Thought it may be worth checking if anyone else had ever had similar problems: ie such a long delay / PR cards lost in the post?

Any advice would be really helpful!
Ta
Cath
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice
Default Re: PR cards not received

Hi Cath,
Similar story, I landed in Halifax in March and gave a relatives address. We only landed and after a short holiday, returned to the UK in order to sell our house, quit jobs etc. No card turned up. We moved here in August so I contacted CIC by phone (the number that only works from within Canada!) who told me they'd posted the PR card on 11th April so bascially Canada Post had 'lost' it.

I had to get a Solumn Declaration form posted to me (which took over 2 weeks to arrive) and then fax back to them. Luckily I was just within the 6 month timeframe to do this otherwise it would have been $50 for a new card.

So I'm now waiting for my 'replacement' card to arrive.

I have however had no problems with SIN card, Healthcard, Drivers License etc etc as I just use my COPR doc and client ID.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out ASAP.