Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP expires 2012 in montreal advice needed

TWP expires 2012 in montreal advice needed

Old Oct 9th 2011, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

lounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to all
Default TWP expires 2012 in montreal advice needed

SO we have been here in Montreal for 5 yrs, have reapplied twice for TWP, have got 3 yrs on each one which expires in sep 2012.
Husband has a Permenant job, LMO etc

Our we right in thinking that we now have until 2015 to apply for PR and dont need to re apply for TWP again ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/tfw.asp

Our sons passport expires in Mar 2012, so have just sent off for new one.
Do we need to re apply for a new Visitor Visa for him?
Also if we were to go out of the country without the paper visa would he be allowed back in ?

Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2011, 9:40 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP expires 2012 in montreal advice needed

The way it reads is that the four-year rule doesn't apply in a number of cases as listed in the exceptions.

Even if you are included in the exceptions, all it means is the "four year" maximum limit doesn't apply.

You still have to have the necessary documentation to reside and work in Canada.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:07 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I my humble opinion it means that if you haven't applied for pr already as a CSQ you should probally do it and quick.

As I understand that unless your hubby is employed under NOC 0 or A then he will not get another temp work permit should he apply for one.

As was stated above you current permits run out in 2012, so you would have no legal status in the country.

You should sort out (and fast) how you plan on staying.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I my humble opinion it means that if you haven't applied for pr already as a CSQ you should probally do it and quick.

As I understand that unless your hubby is employed under NOC 0 or A then he will not get another temp work permit should he apply for one.

As was stated above you current permits run out in 2012, so you would have no legal status in the country.

You should sort out (and fast) how you plan on staying.

Actually the 4 year limitation doesn't kick in until 01/04/2015, as the change was made starting 01/04/2011.

"The cumulative duration regulation establishes a maximum allowable duration of four years that a temporary foreign worker can work in Canada, followed by a period of four years in which the worker would not be eligible to work in Canada. It takes effect April 1, 2011 for all TFWs; therefore, the earliest date that a TFW could reach the four-year cumulative duration is April 1, 2015. "