PR card photo dilemma

Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice
Default PR card photo dilemma

Hi folks,
well our PR cards arrived today, well sort of. My card and my wife's arrived, but our son's did not. Instead we got a letter saying that we have to report to the London office (London Ontario that is) within 6 months or will have to reapply.

I'm assuming that means for the PR card rather than entire immigration process.

My question is (eventually) is there anyway I can get my son's card without having to travel back to Canada to be there in person?? (we are still in the UK you see).

Any info greatly appreciated, as always
Regards
Sean
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card photo dilemma

Hi

Originally Posted by burgesshead
Hi folks,
well our PR cards arrived today, well sort of. My card and my wife's arrived, but our son's did not. Instead we got a letter saying that we have to report to the London office (London Ontario that is) within 6 months or will have to reapply.

I'm assuming that means for the PR card rather than entire immigration process.

My question is (eventually) is there anyway I can get my son's card without having to travel back to Canada to be there in person?? (we are still in the UK you see).

Any info greatly appreciated, as always
Regards
Sean
1. Not really, a couple of offices, Calgary and Vancouver come to mind, will accept mailed pictures.
2. As of the 15/11/11 Sydney no longer is supposed to request the PR attend a CIC with the pictures. Too bad this only for renewal cards, rather than the initial cards.
3. You can ignore it and when you return to Canada, if after 180 days, apply for a new PR card ($50) and 154 days wait. If he is UK citizen, he shouldn't have too many problems boarding the return flight. Although some airlines (usually charter) are sticky about 1 way tickets and no proof of PR.