PR card arrived today :)

Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:11 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default PR card arrived today :)

Wow, that was fast. I checked the mailbox and an envelope containing my PR card arrived. I 'landed' on March 8, so that was very quick!! The CIC web site says 30 days. I think this is an instance where CIC underpromised and overdelivered. Go CIC, your service just exceeded my expectations

Ozinca

Last edited by ozinca; Mar 24th 2005 at 8:37 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:15 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card arrived today :)

Originally Posted by ozinca
Wow, that was fast. I checked the mailbox and an envelope containing my PR card arrived. I 'landed' on March 8, so that was very quick!! The CIC web site says 30 days. I think this is an instance where CIC underpromised and overdelivered. Go CIC, your service just exceeded my expectations

Ozinca
cheers on ur achievement mate!!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Ozinca
We just had Mr B's, also quicker than the "one to two months" he was told at Pearson when he landed.

Don't you just love the little hologram of yourself on the back?!?!?!

Biiiiink
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Ozinca
WELL DONE....ANOTHER SUCCESS
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:17 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
We just had Mr B's, also quicker than the "one to two months" he was told at Pearson when he landed.

Don't you just love the little hologram of yourself on the back?!?!?!

Biiiiink
Hologram of yourself.

I just cant wait.....

Congratulations ozinca
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cashew is on a distinguished road

Hi Ozinca,
What picture did they put on your PR card- did they use the picture that was in the COPR or did they take your picture when you landed?
Thanks!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by Cashew
Hi Ozinca,
What picture did they put on your PR card- did they use the picture that was in the COPR or did they take your picture when you landed?
Thanks!
They used the picture from the COPR. Yes, I do like my hologram and I am especially impressed with the little paper envelope they sent for the card too - a nice touch.

Ozinca
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

*VBS*~ thanks for the continual updates to the process. When do you start work..??

Also ...the tomatos' look delish~ ...i even notice the taste of them here..WoW..and only $1.49 per pound for organics... ..LOL~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:42 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

They used the picture from the COPR. Yes, I do like my hologram and I am especially impressed with the little paper envelope they sent for the card too - a nice touch.

Ozinca
Great LOL The pictures I sent for my COPR are the worst pictures ever My coworker saw me cutting them to the correct size and he didn't know it was me!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:46 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
*VBS*~ thanks for the continual updates to the process. When do you start work..??

Also ...the tomatos' look delish~ ...i even notice the taste of them here..WoW..and only $1.49 per pound for organics... ..LOL~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Maple Leaf, I start work on April 4, so not this Monday but next. I am really looking forward to starting, kind of nervous though. I will be working for a corporate travel company and I know I will be extremely busy. I was very lucky to land a job so quickly.

I like my tomatos too, I only just worked out how to do the whole 'avatar' thing.

Ozinca
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:46 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mhhp
Hologram of yourself.

I just cant wait.....

Congratulations ozinca
Hey mhhp,

Did you ever wonder how many times you will rock on your chair before you have your maple card in your hand? We should do a quick calculation!

1 Rock per 2 seconds, so that is 1800 times an hour X 24 hours a day = 43200 a day X 1.5 year X 365 Day per year = 23,652,000

So that is almost 24 million rocks :scared:

Keep Rocking dude!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Maple Leaf, I start work on April 4, so not this Monday but next. I am really looking forward to starting, kind of nervous though. I will be working for a corporate travel company and I know I will be extremely busy. I was very lucky to land a job so quickly.

I like my tomatos too, I only just worked out how to do the whole 'avatar' thing.

Ozinca
*excellent*....and i am not surprised you obtained employment so fast....*VBS*....From what i have seen of you here, your Attitude and Aptitude plus personality would ensure your success quickly.
One of my b/inlaws works in Corporate Travel. Tourism is the area that is becoming more and more appealing to me. Plus the perks are attractive *S*

Am realy happy for you...and cannot wait till the day i say >> I am off to work here aswell.

Also enjoy your first day ...it is the best day cos no one expects you to know it all
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Are you saying that you got PPR on March 03, 2005, and got it stamped on March 08?

Ozinca
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:27 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by Jill-D
Hi, Are you saying that you got PPR on March 03, 2005, and got it stamped on March 08?
Yes, I received the passport request letter from Buffalo on March 3 and took my passport in to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo on March 8 to have it stamped. I then 'landed' that afternoon by driving back over the Peace Bridge.

You can go in person to Buffalo on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning, hand in your passport and line up to have it back in the afternoon - all on the same day. A much better (and faster) option than mailing it in.

Ozinca