PR Application questions

Old Nov 16th 2019, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Application questions

Hi all,

I have submitted all the required documents for my PR application, I am in a relationship and my girlfriend is Canadian, do I need to put her down as common law in my application or not? (Applying through EE CEC and BC PNP) and I have written in my LOE that we are in a relationship but at the time of being accepted into the EE pools we were no where close to being ‘common-law’ as such so I selected ‘No’ to common law questions, it won’t let me change this now on my profile, do I need to worry at all?

thanks for any help!

Tom
Old Nov 18th 2019, 4:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application questions

Originally Posted by tomcobb16
Hi all,

I have submitted all the required documents for my PR application, I am in a relationship and my girlfriend is Canadian, do I need to put her down as common law in my application or not? (Applying through EE CEC and BC PNP) and I have written in my LOE that we are in a relationship but at the time of being accepted into the EE pools we were no where close to being ‘common-law’ as such so I selected ‘No’ to common law questions, it won’t let me change this now on my profile, do I need to worry at all?

thanks for any help!

Tom
If you are now considered as common law partners (i.e. have lived together continuously for a minimum of 12 months, 'as if married') and she is a Canadian Citizen have you considered being sponsored by her? Spousal Sponsorship is the easiest way to apply for PR!
Old Nov 18th 2019, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you are now considered as common law partners (i.e. have lived together continuously for a minimum of 12 months, 'as if married') and she is a Canadian Citizen have you considered being sponsored by her? Spousal Sponsorship is the easiest way to apply for PR!
Hi Siouxie!

I was eligible under CEC class with 319 points before so I applied for BC PNP and was approved so my points total went to 919 so I was eligible then under both streams, got my ITA and uploaded all documents so I proceeded with my application on those grounds, I just wanted to know if I needed to include her in my application at all (she is Canadian and not immigrating with me) but did some research and I didn’t have to include her as I am the primary applicant! I have now submitted my application and received my AOR so now the wait begins! I am so grateful for all the help that’s available on here

Thank you, Tom
Old Nov 18th 2019, 4:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Siouxie!

I was eligible under CEC class with 319 points before so I applied for BC PNP and was approved so my points total went to 919 so I was eligible then under both streams, got my ITA and uploaded all documents so I proceeded with my application on those grounds, I just wanted to know if I needed to include her in my application at all (she is Canadian and not immigrating with me) but did some research and I didn’t have to include her as I am the primary applicant! I have now submitted my application and received my AOR so now the wait begins! I am so grateful for all the help that’s available on here

Thank you, Tom
Agh, Sorry - I had forgotten that!

(and yes, there was no need to include her as she is a Citizen.. glad you got the info ok)

Best of luck and I hope they process it quickly. Just make sure to submit everything within the time allotted, whenever you are asked. Hopefully you kept a copy of your background information form - because they often ask for an updated one, which entails copying the info you put down originally (which is why the copy is good to have). Keep us updated on your progress!
Old Nov 18th 2019, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Agh, Sorry - I had forgotten that!

(and yes, there was no need to include her as she is a Citizen.. glad you got the info ok)

Best of luck and I hope they process it quickly. Just make sure to submit everything within the time allotted, whenever you are asked. Hopefully you kept a copy of your background information form - because they often ask for an updated one, which entails copying the info you put down originally (which is why the copy is good to have). Keep us updated on your progress!
Thats quite alright Siouxie!

Thanks again for clarifying that and I was sure that because I was applying through EE CEC and BC PNP and being the main applicant that I didn’t need to include my girlfriend as she is Canadian. All worked out and figured out thankfully!

I am hoping the process it quickly too with no issues but I have my fingers crossed and I’m hoping and praying it all goes well! Been a journey and a half so far to get to this stage! I didn’t have a copy of my background info, I wasn’t aware that I had to keep a copy is there a way to get a copy now that I’ve submitted my application?
Old Nov 18th 2019, 4:35 pm
Banned

Thats quite alright Siouxie!

Thanks again for clarifying that and I was sure that because I was applying through EE CEC and BC PNP and being the main applicant that I didn’t need to include my girlfriend as she is Canadian. All worked out and figured out thankfully!

I am hoping the process it quickly too with no issues but I have my fingers crossed and I’m hoping and praying it all goes well! Been a journey and a half so far to get to this stage! I didn’t have a copy of my background info, I wasn’t aware that I had to keep a copy is there a way to get a copy now that I’ve submitted my application?
You don't have to keep a copy - but I always recommend that everyone keeps a copy of all the forms / backing documentation that they have submitted for their application for PR - even if it's just a scan and file copy. Sometimes things get lost - or things go wrong with the application - or you need to resubmit part of it - so it's always a good idea to know what you put down or supplied!

If you submitted it online, I'm not sure if it's possible to see the actual application or not, if you submitted on paper, definitely not possible to see a copy. You may not get asked for it, it depends how long the processing takes from the time of submission, so don't stress over it. Perhaps try and recall what you wrote - jot down what you can remember, just in case, whilst it's fresh in your memory.

Just for anyone who might read this in future: Had your partner not been Canadian (and as you have livied together 'as if married') then yes you would have had to include them in your application - they would have been your dependent, with you as lead applicant. If they weren't Canadian and you were common law and didn't declare them as such before you landed as a PR you could have been denied for misrepresentation (or lost your PR / Citizenship at a later date) and would not have been able to sponsor your spouse in the future. All for the sake of a tick in a box!

Good luck!
Old Nov 18th 2019, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

You don't have to keep a copy - but I always recommend that everyone keeps a copy of all the forms / backing documentation that they have submitted for their application for PR - even if it's just a scan and file copy. Sometimes things get lost - or things go wrong with the application - or you need to resubmit part of it - so it's always a good idea to know what you put down or supplied!

If you submitted it online, I'm not sure if it's possible to see the actual application or not, if you submitted on paper, definitely not possible to see a copy. You may not get asked for it, it depends how long the processing takes from the time of submission, so don't stress over it. Perhaps try and recall what you wrote - jot down what you can remember, just in case, whilst it's fresh in your memory.

Just for anyone who might read this in future: Had your partner not been Canadian (and as you have livied together 'as if married') then yes you would have had to include them in your application - they would have been your dependent, with you as lead applicant. If they weren't Canadian and you were common law and didn't declare them as such before you landed as a PR you could have been denied for misrepresentation (or lost your PR / Citizenship at a later date) and would not have been able to sponsor your spouse in the future. All for the sake of a tick in a box!

Good luck!
I have all my scanned PDF documents stored on my PC, I guess I should have taken pictures of each screen when I was filling out the information! I’ll be sure to write down anything that I can remember about my application, the usual stuff (address history, work history, family information etc) I can remember without much issue!

Thanks for clarifying again Siouxie, you’re always an awesome help on here, I’ll be sure to keep you updated with my application and how things go! I have received my AOR already so the waiting begins :O