Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR after arriving on ICT with 3 year WP.

PR after arriving on ICT with 3 year WP.

Old Jun 30th 2018, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR after arriving on ICT with 3 year WP.

Hi looking for some advice we are over on my husband's ICT he has a 3 year WP does anyone have experience and or advice as to how and when to apply for PR? Is it best to wait until my husband has been working over here for a year or worth a try before. Thanks.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 7:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR after arriving on ICT with 3 year WP.

It depends. Apply as soon as you’re eligible would be my advice, but he may not be eligible without working for a year first.

What’s his CRS score now? And what would it be after the year of working there?

Which province are you in?
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi looking for some advice we are over on my husband's ICT he has a 3 year WP does anyone have experience and or advice as to how and when to apply for PR? Is it best to wait until my husband has been working over here for a year or worth a try before. Thanks.
I also moved on a three year ICT and subsequently transferred to PR. For me the decision was easy, wait till I had been here 1 year to give me CRS points for a years Canadian work experience and to qualify for the CEC which did not have a proof of funds requirement.

As stated it all depends on how many CRS points you have now and how many you will have now, and how many you will have after work experience, 1 or 2 years.

My advise apply as soon as you have the CRS points likely to get an ITA.
Old Sep 7th 2019, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi so we are now starting our PR application my husband is sitting his IELTS today we did a check on our points putting in an average score for his English test and it said with his 1 year experience and a job offer we could apply for EE, what I was wondering was will the company need to do an LMIA as we came over on an ICT.
Old Sep 7th 2019, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi so we are now starting our PR application my husband is sitting his IELTS today we did a check on our points putting in an average score for his English test and it said with his 1 year experience and a job offer we could apply for EE, what I was wondering was will the company need to do an LMIA as we came over on an ICT.
Based on him being on an ICT work permit (which is LMIA exempt and assuming he has worked on his work permit for 12 months then a valid job offer does not need an LMIA
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ia-exempt.html

Last edited by Engineer_abroad; Sep 7th 2019 at 2:24 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2019, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Being eligible to apply under EE is great, but that’s only the first step. You need to be scoring enough on the CRS to be in with a chance of being selected from the pool of applicants once you’ve applied.

So do double check your CRS score, you’ll need above approx 450. Good luck.
Old Sep 9th 2019, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Thank you we have 2 weeks to wait for IELTS results then we will start the PR process.
Old Sep 9th 2019, 5:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you we have 2 weeks to wait for IELTS results then we will start the PR process.
What are you scoring on the CRS? Assume you have your results back and that you got top marks (for the CRS tool purposes) - and that you have had your ECA done.. you need to be scoring around 450 to be in with a chance of an invite from the EE pool. Better to see where you are at before putting in an application.. anyone scoring over 67 points would qualify to enter

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...d/crs-tool.asp