PPRs anyone?

Old May 10th 2010, 2:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPRs anyone?

Originally Posted by G77
At what frequency should I be prodding CHC? It has been 3 weeks since I last gave them a poke and they said they were waiting for the results of "background checks"....
I would prod them every other week - and then once a month of that has passed - move it up to once a week.
Old May 10th 2010, 2:27 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks - emailed them again, lets hope this gets Murphy's attention!

(Though I think he's waiting for me to send the TWP renewal off for maximum effect!)
Old May 10th 2010, 2:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
OK thanks - emailed them again, lets hope this gets Murphy's attention!

(Though I think he's waiting for me to send the TWP renewal off for maximum effect!)
Well someone has to pay the CIC staff's wages..may as well be you
Old May 10th 2010, 2:47 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Well someone has to pay the CIC staff's wages..may as well be you
You know, that did cross my mind that they'd rather collect the TWP extension fee than to give me PR
Old May 10th 2010, 4:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I would prod them every other week - and then once a month of that has passed - move it up to once a week.
Probably barking up the wrong tree, since if it is the security background it is out of CIC/CHC control as it done by CSIS and CIC/CHC has no control over how long it takes.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:51 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Probably barking up the wrong tree, since if it is the security background it is out of CIC/CHC control as it done by CSIS and CIC/CHC has no control over how long it takes.
True, but it could have returned and they're just sat on it.

I don't see why it should have taken so long since I've only lived in Britain and Canada, no unusual history or military background. I did hold security clearance in the UK though, but I didn't work directly for any government agencies - wondering if that could be a factor...
Old May 10th 2010, 6:31 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Just had a call from the privacy commissioner RE my CAIPS notes to clarify what I wanted....

So hopefully all shall be revealed what's going on soon...
Old May 10th 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by G77
Just had a call from the privacy commissioner RE my CAIPS notes to clarify what I wanted....

So hopefully all shall be revealed what's going on soon...
Oooh hopefully they will be giving someone a swift kick up the bum to get your case finalised
Old May 10th 2010, 7:10 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Oooh hopefully they will be giving someone a swift kick up the bum to get your case finalised
I doubt it - unless someone takes notice that caips has been requested....

At least I should get an idea of why there's a delay!
Old May 11th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I doubt it - unless someone takes notice that caips has been requested....

At least I should get an idea of why there's a delay!
Hope you get some news soon G77
Old May 11th 2010, 1:32 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Reply from CHC in less than 24 hrs They say that routine background checks are still ongoing.....

Hmmm, can't be very routine if they've taken this long

Hopefully should get CAIPS notes soon and see if that ties up with what they're telling me....
Old May 11th 2010, 4:27 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

finally received a communication, DOES THIS MEAN I WILL DEFO NOT GET ASKED FOR MORE MEDICAL TESTS????? it does sound like that.

"Please be advised that medical results and the RPRF have been received. The file is awaiting a review of background information."
We hope this is of assistance to you.
The High Commission
Old May 11th 2010, 4:29 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like you're in the same pile that I am....

I'm guessing that the meds have been cleared and we won't require further test, but won't know for sure until the caips notes arrive...
Old May 11th 2010, 4:39 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77

I'm guessing that the meds have been cleared and we won't require further test, but won't know for sure until the caips notes arrive...
thanks
Old May 12th 2010, 1:54 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77

Did you see my response on the Flag poling thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.