British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PPRs anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pprs-anyone-658008/)

nikkim Mar 6th 2010 12:16 am

PPRs anyone?

Hi
Just wondered if anyone who is already in Canada has had PPRs if meds were received in London in Feb. Ours got there Feb 12th and was just wondering how long a wait we could expect - obviously everyones times are different, just hoping they have got to feb meds.

Thanks

Nikki

Kate_P Mar 6th 2010 12:26 am

Re: PPRs anyone?

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 8397894)
Hi
Just wondered if anyone who is already in Canada has had PPRs if meds were received in London in Feb. Ours got there Feb 12th and was just wondering how long a wait we could expect - obviously everyones times are different, just hoping they have got to feb meds.

Thanks

Nikki

Hi Nikki
We aren't Feb but our meds got to London mid October (I assume, had meds in Calgary Oct 1st) and we had PPR mid December so you could be looking at mid April perhaps? Though who knows with CIC?! Hope it's not too long for you...agonizing wait! :fingerscrossed:
Kate

G77 Mar 6th 2010 12:43 am

Meds done 22nd Jan, but still waiting for PPR :fingerscrossed:

destinationnovascotia Mar 6th 2010 1:15 am

Meds done June 09....still waiting for PPR:frown:

purple80 Mar 6th 2010 2:54 am

Not yet...............and the waiting is pants!

burton bunch Mar 7th 2010 5:49 pm

See my time line below.

Meds done Dec 1 and sent to Ottawa Dec 5th PPR was Feb 8th

nikkim Mar 8th 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks guys.

We want to go back to UK for a visit and can only go April - dont really want to risk booking flights and then PPRS come through!! - I hate this waiting aarrgh!

Nikki
x:fingerscrossed:

G77 Mar 8th 2010 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 8404396)
Thanks guys.

We want to go back to UK for a visit and can only go April - dont really want to risk booking flights and then PPRS come through!! - I hate this waiting aarrgh!

Nikki
x:fingerscrossed:

Likewise - would like to make plans for trips to US etc, but can't in case the PPR's come :thumbdown:

Hammy1976 Mar 8th 2010 9:27 pm

this waiting game really is quite painful...

Flyingscottie Mar 9th 2010 4:55 pm

Meds 5th Feb 2010 - PPR today!!!!

Hopefully you will all get yours soon x

PaulOK Mar 9th 2010 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 8407497)
Meds 5th Feb 2010 - PPR today!!!!

Hopefully you will all get yours soon x

That's just over a month - Nice one! :thumbsup:

Good Luck with your move to Toronto!

nikkim Mar 9th 2010 5:44 pm

Thats great news. That is the same day we had our meds actually done. Hopefully not long then although we are in Canada so not sure if timescales are a bit different.

Good luck with everything
Nikki
x:thumbup:

G77 Mar 9th 2010 10:10 pm

Still nothing here.... *sigh*

Are people mainly getting them via email or snail mail?

nikkim Mar 9th 2010 10:33 pm

I look like a right weirdo at the mail box every day especially as people round here normally check their boxes once a week and theres me 2 0/c sharp everyday lol!
Oh well hopefully soon:fingerscrossed:

G77 Mar 9th 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 8408393)
I look like a right weirdo at the mail box every day especially as people round here normally check their boxes once a week and theres me 2 0/c sharp everyday lol!
Oh well hopefully soon:fingerscrossed:

Lol - me too, at least ours is attached to the house though.... I often meet the postie at the door as I know what time he comes, he must think I'm stalking him :rofl:

G77 Mar 11th 2010 1:21 pm

Any news anyone? Still nothing here..... Keep frantically checking my email and postbox!

nikkim Mar 11th 2010 2:11 pm

nope nothing but a bunch of flyers in my mailbox yesterday - oh well lets wait and see today!!!!
:fingerscrossed:

PaulOK Mar 11th 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8412633)
Any news anyone? Still nothing here..... Keep frantically checking my email and postbox!

Just got my PPR via E-mail from CHC London about 10 minutes ago! :):D

See my updated timeline below - So that's only two and a half weeks for me between Med results arriving in London and getting the PPR.

Good Luck to you guys still waiting. Hopefully it won't be too much longer :fingerscrossed:

G77 Mar 11th 2010 2:45 pm

Congrats Paul....

My meds were done a month earlier than yours and still no PPR, sob :(

nikkim Mar 11th 2010 3:20 pm

fantastic news paul - hopefully soon for us guys then!!
x

purple80 Mar 11th 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by PaulOK (Post 8412761)

See my updated timeline below - So that's only two and a half weeks for me between Med results arriving in London and getting the PPR.

Good Luck to you guys still waiting. Hopefully it won't be too much longer :fingerscrossed:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Our further medical results were received on the same day as yours, so I will keep my fingers crossed for mine.

Kate_P Mar 12th 2010 2:51 am

Originally Posted by PaulOK (Post 8412761)

Congratulations Paul....great news! :thumbsup:
Fingers crossed for everyone else :fingerscrossed:

julia0345 Mar 12th 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8408403)
Lol - me too, at least ours is attached to the house though.... I often meet the postie at the door as I know what time he comes, he must think I'm stalking him :rofl:

time period for pr?

PaulOK Mar 12th 2010 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kate_P (Post 8414382)
Congratulations Paul....great news! :thumbsup:
Fingers crossed for everyone else :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Kate_P and everyone else. FedEx'ing my passports to London today.

Here's sending out 'Good Luck' vibes to all of you still waiting. CHC seem to be turning things around quite quickly at the moment (for many anyway). Hopefully, that bodes well for people.

G77 Mar 12th 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by julia0345 (Post 8415224)
time period for pr?

Originally applied Sept 2007, AOR Oct 2007, came over on TWP Sept 2008, sent an unsolicited update with AOR and full docs May 2009, Med request Oct 2009, Meds done Jan 22 2010.....

Now waiting PPR patiently (trying).

G77 Mar 15th 2010 6:19 pm

Still nothing here - anyone else had any luck?

cacole Mar 15th 2010 9:11 pm

Congratulations Paul! :thumbsup:

Good luck G77 - hope you hear something soon :fingerscrossed:

bear-diesel Mar 16th 2010 2:24 am

Originally Posted by PaulOK (Post 8415530)
Thanks Kate_P and everyone else. FedEx'ing my passports to London today.

Here's sending out 'Good Luck' vibes to all of you still waiting. CHC seem to be turning things around quite quickly at the moment (for many anyway). Hopefully, that bodes well for people.

Hope FedEx are better than UPS. We paid for the return envelope to LA for our ppr at a cost of nearly 80cad. Our son returned home from school to find the package flung on the step:frown: luckily no one matched our photos so they left the passports and docs alone:thumbup:
Good luck to everyone waiting...your day will come:thumbsup:

Coffeepot Mar 16th 2010 7:38 am

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8421837)

Hope you hear soon G77 will keep our fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by bear-diesel (Post 8422758)
Hope FedEx are better than UPS. We paid for the return envelope to LA for our ppr at a cost of nearly 80cad. Our son returned home from school to find the package flung on the step:frown: luckily no one matched our photos so they left the passports and docs alone:thumbup:
Good luck to everyone waiting...your day will come:thumbsup:

That was a lucky break :blink:

Irish-Jembow Mar 16th 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8421837)

Hi G77,
We done medicals on 8th Jan. Just got request for passports today. So
keep an eye on that postman.

G77 Mar 16th 2010 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Irish-Jembow (Post 8424016)
Hi G77,

Thanks for letting me know.... Where are you located?

Hopefully soon, slowly losing my marbles :blink:

purple80 Mar 16th 2010 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8424329)

Your not the only one....We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it? :blink:

G77 Mar 16th 2010 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8424493)
Your not the only one....We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

Probably something to do with the further medical req's, I wouldn't worry too much... Frustrating nonetheless! Really hoping I don't have to renew my WP!

Coffeepot Mar 16th 2010 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Irish-Jembow (Post 8424016)
Hi G77,

Great news :thumbsup:

Hang in there G77 won't be long now :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8424493)

Just what you need eh Charlie :wub: fingers crossed for you xx

purple80 Mar 16th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 8424498)
Probably something to do with the further medical req's, I wouldn't worry too much... Frustrating nonetheless! Really hoping I don't have to renew my WP!

Hope your right about the further medical tests....

We didn't want to either, $226 for photo's, $300 for WP, on top of that there is the fuel etc. To make things worse, when we got to the consulate at 7.15am, they told us that children were no longer allowed in.....Grrr

Thank god for in car DVD and the spare set of keys that I took, entertaining three children in the business district of Buffalo at 7am is not easy.

WP is only for six months, we will also have to have another set of photos done (another $200) when PPR arrives.

On the plus side the trip was quicker than last year and everyone was super friendly. Whilst we were doing WP at Fort Erie, a guy who had been at the consulate was "landing".

I had tears rolling down my cheek when his IO gave him the whole welcome to Canada speech.

purple80 Mar 16th 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 8424514)
Just what you need eh Charlie :wub: fingers crossed for you xx

Know what you mean, at this rate you get PPR before me.....:rofl::rofl:

Coffeepot Mar 16th 2010 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8424549)
Know what you mean, at this rate you get PPR before me.....:rofl::rofl:

I doubt it hun, only thing i might get is a WP if we can sell the house ;)

Irish-Jembow Mar 18th 2010 9:38 am

Still in Ireland. Have to decide now where we are going.

Plan when we applied was to go to Victoria, BC but alot has changed in property prices here and BC. Ours property crashed and theirs boomed. Might rule out initial plan.

J.

nikkim Mar 18th 2010 5:21 pm

Still nothing here - am desperate to book flights to visit UK - I hate this waiting!!!!!!!!
:frown:

G77 Mar 18th 2010 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 8430120)
Still nothing here - am desperate to book flights to visit UK - I hate this waiting!!!!!!!!
:frown:

Snap :cry_smile: