posting application

Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default posting application

We're about to post off our initial application to the CIO in NS.

Did most people just send it regular airmail? Registered post? or by courier?

Do they send an AOR for receipt of the initial application, or do you just(hopefully) get the 120 day email?

thanks
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Re: posting application

Originally Posted by scotty1974

Do they send an AOR for receipt of the initial application, or do you just(hopefully) get the 120 day email?

thanks
I sent mine Royal Mail Airsure, it's tracked in the UK and then you can use the same tracking number with Canada Post (with proof of signature), also i sent to the courier address not the PO box. People have had different experiences with all of them, even with a courier stuff has gone missing.

You won't get an AOR at this stage, first thing you'll get is the 120 day letter / rejection.

Good luck

Good luck.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that Stokesy
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

duncanspilaweller is on a distinguished road

Sent mine via Royal Mail International Signed For. You can check online and see when it reaches its destination.

Keep a note of the receipt number on your fees receipt and then you can check up on the applications progress as things happen on cic.gc.ca

Dunc
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty1974

thanks
hi
I've always used Fedex and never been let down , all the best with your application .
Regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the replies, as we're in Ireland I'm pretty sure An Post will do something similar to the Royal Mail's International signed for.

I checked fedex and the courier idea seems a bit pricey - €74!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

duncanspilaweller is on a distinguished road

Holy!

Mine cost £18 to post it from Swindon to Mississauga, ON. and i thought that was expensive - small price to pay for what could be the end result.

Dunc