British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   posting application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/posting-application-649174/)

scotty1974 Jan 14th 2010 11:27 am

posting application

We're about to post off our initial application to the CIO in NS.

Did most people just send it regular airmail? Registered post? or by courier?

Do they send an AOR for receipt of the initial application, or do you just(hopefully) get the 120 day email?

thanks

stokesey Jan 14th 2010 11:49 am

Re: posting application

Originally Posted by scotty1974 (Post 8247999)

Do they send an AOR for receipt of the initial application, or do you just(hopefully) get the 120 day email?

thanks

I sent mine Royal Mail Airsure, it's tracked in the UK and then you can use the same tracking number with Canada Post (with proof of signature), also i sent to the courier address not the PO box. People have had different experiences with all of them, even with a courier stuff has gone missing.

You won't get an AOR at this stage, first thing you'll get is the 120 day letter / rejection.

Good luck

Good luck.

scotty1974 Jan 14th 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for that Stokesy

duncanspilaweller Jan 14th 2010 4:17 pm

Sent mine via Royal Mail International Signed For. You can check online and see when it reaches its destination.

Keep a note of the receipt number on your fees receipt and then you can check up on the applications progress as things happen on cic.gc.ca

Dunc

joinerboy Jan 14th 2010 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by scotty1974 (Post 8247999)

thanks

hi
I've always used Fedex and never been let down , all the best with your application .
Regards
Joinerboy

scotty1974 Jan 14th 2010 4:50 pm

thanks for the replies, as we're in Ireland I'm pretty sure An Post will do something similar to the Royal Mail's International signed for.

I checked fedex and the courier idea seems a bit pricey - €74!:blink:

duncanspilaweller Jan 14th 2010 4:52 pm

Holy!

Mine cost £18 to post it from Swindon to Mississauga, ON. and i thought that was expensive - small price to pay for what could be the end result.

Dunc