Positive LMIA now the work permit

Old Jun 19th 2021, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

just_jen_1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Positive LMIA now the work permit

Hi,

So we got a positive result from the LMIA which came back after 6 working days and we are now proceeding with the work permit. When completing the questionnaire prior to completing the forms, it asked if my partner who is the lead applicant wanted to submit an application for a family member so we selected yes as there will be myself who is in a common law relationship with him for the last 4yrs and then our two children - aged 3yrs and another aged 9months.

On the section of the questionnair which relates to me it asks why am I visiting canada. I've selected "work with and open work permit". I do not intend to work for the first 6months as I want to settle our two girls into their new life in canada but I would like to be able to work if they settle sooner than anticipated. So my question is this;

can I apply for an open work permit at the same time as we apply for my partners work permit as we are applying online and since answering the questionnaire it's now given me an application which is aimed at my partner and then myself? Or do I have to just complete his and say that I'm visiting and then once his work permit comes back do I then apply for my open work permit?

Also, do my children just travel and enter canada on an eTA? Because when I added them it said they did not need a visa to enter canada but yet I was under the impression that my partner had to declare all family members that would be coming with him to canada?

I'm totally lost?!