Port of Entry

Old Jul 18th 2001, 5:40 pm
Greenberg

Hello, I've got my student authorization approval. And now I need to get to a port of
entry. Since I am already in Canada, what are my options for that. I am in Toronto.
Can I get to the airport and stamp my passport there ? Do I have to go to U.S and
back ? Or can I just walk in one of the posts on Niagara and do it there ?

Thank you

Old Jul 19th 2001, 3:54 am
PMM

Hi

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You can't go to the airport. You will have to go to a border point and "flagpole" You
drive towards the US side and prior to getting to US Customs and Immigration you take
the return route to Canada. You then tell Canadian customs that you have a student
authorization and have to see Immigration.

PMM

Old Jul 19th 2001, 3:20 pm
Greenberg

Thank you. do I have to bring somthing with me besides my passport and this
authorization letter ?

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello, I've got my student authorization approval. And now I need to get to a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > port of entry. Since I am already in Canada, what are my options for that. I am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in Toronto. Can I get to the airport and stamp my passport there ? Do I have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > go to U.S and back ? Or can I just walk in one of the posts on Niagara and do it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > there ?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
Customs
    >
Canadian
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 20th 2001, 3:18 am
PMM

Hi Greenberg

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hello, I've got my student authorization approval. And now I need to get to a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > port of entry. Since I am already in Canada, what are my options for that. I am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > in Toronto. Can I get to the airport and stamp my passport there ? Do I have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > go to U.S and back ? Or can I just walk in one of the posts on Niagara and do[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > it there ?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thank you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You can't go to the airport. You will have to go to a border point and "flagpole"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You drive towards the US side and prior to getting to US[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and Immigration you take the return route to Canada. You then tell[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > customs that you have a student authorization and have to see[/usenetquote2]
Immigration.
[usenetquote2]> > PMM[/usenetquote2]

Proof of funds to show that you can support yourself for the length of the course.

PMM

Old Jul 20th 2001, 3:02 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >

It is not generally possible to do this at an airport if you are not actually flying
into Canada, as security restricts access to that area to arrivals only. You may wish
to call the immigration officials there to see if any possibility exists, however.

If that is not possible, you can do it at a land based port of entry by "rounding the
the flagpole;" entering the area between the US and Canadian ports of entry then
returning to the Canadian port of entry.

________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community