Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Reprimand When I was 16 - Can anyone help ?

Police Reprimand When I was 16 - Can anyone help ?

Old Feb 9th 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Reprimand When I was 16 - Can anyone help ?

Originally Posted by farjojo71
It would say 'No Trace' if there wasn't any convictions. AFAIK 'No Live Trace' means the conviction is deemed spent.
Yeah, but deemed spent by ACPO - do CIC view it in the same light....??
Old Feb 10th 2012, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im tending to think the No Live Trace works in your favour i.e no convictions
Blimey, how many people with 'No Live Trace' police reports have you let in to Canada?!? As farjojo said, it means they *do* have a conviction. 'No Trace' means they have nothing on their record at all.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

lb0w is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
I read it all compiled my info only on my interpretation of the rules after reading all the CIC documentation and being told by various others my thoughts were wrong. A comprehensive rehab for info only provided fruitful results.

My cover letter quoted there documents sections paragraphs and court cases so even if the visa officer didn't know how to interpret the rules everything I had was backed up by there own documents.

The letter from the High Commission clearly states that UK Cautions don't count on the IRPA.

Anyway if people want to know what info I sent and my cover letter then i'm happy to help.
Yes i would like to know what info you sent and what you included in your cover letter please as it would really help out my application. Also what visa were you applying for and what was the nature of the caution?
Thanks a lot
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Hey! Just wanted to let you know my husband had a reprimand on his ACPO for getting into a fight when he was 16 - and it had no effect negatively on his application for PR - he just explained the situation (no extra paperwork needed he just wrote a few sentences regarding what had happened)- he also had no charges as the offence was admonished... he came here in 2005 on an IEC as well with no issues - honesty is the best policy! (and did not negatively affect his applications, or coming and goings out of Canada ) Good luck!