advice on the wife and kids

Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Phil7872 will become famous soon enoughPhil7872 will become famous soon enough
Default advice on the wife and kids

bit stuck with this one looking to move to ca hopefully bc we have extended family in vancover now i have worked away alot over the years so the family is acustemed to it my problem is do i just get a work visa for me (i am on the noc list) leave the family at home until i have sorted things out then apply for the wife and kids or do i apply for all off us then go it alone anyway until i have house school etc sorted for family. if anyone has any experiance would be glad to hear it

cheers phil
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on the wife and kids

Originally Posted by Phil7872
bit stuck with this one looking to move to ca hopefully bc we have extended family in vancover now i have worked away alot over the years so the family is acustemed to it my problem is do i just get a work visa for me (i am on the noc list) leave the family at home until i have sorted things out then apply for the wife and kids or do i apply for all off us then go it alone anyway until i have house school etc sorted for family. if anyone has any experiance would be glad to hear it

cheers phil
Hi Phil,

Can you clarify exactly what visa route you are thinking of? You mention the NOC list, so I'd assume it's Federal Skilled Worker, but that results in Permanent Residency, not a 'work visa'. If it's a FSW application, then your family would all be dependents on the application and also get PR.

Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

When you say visa, if you mean permanent residence (PR), then you will have to apply all at the same time. If it's granted you can all land, but your wife an kids can go back home for a while until you set things up.

If you're talking about a work permit then I'm not exactly clear on the rules, but I know your wife may be able to apply for a open work permit on the back of yours. It may have to go on the same application or it may not.

If you look at the blue menu bar at the top there is a link labeled 'Wiki' have a look under the Canada section on there and you will find more information.

Hope that helps.

PS I had to read your post 4 or 5 times before I understood what you were asking. Try a bit of punctuation as you're much more likely to get a response if people can easily understand what your asking
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:11 am
Just Joined

sorry yes did mean fedral skilled worker list we are looking at permanet residence bit confused with all terminolagy and anagrams

cheers phil
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:13 am
Just Joined

sorry for the bad grammer i am badly dislexic and have a bit of truble with this bloody keyboard

cheers phil
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

sorry for the bad grammer i am badly dislexic and have a bit of truble with this bloody keyboard

cheers phil
No problem, understood.

There will be someone along soon saying something like 'pot, kettle, black'
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

sorry yes did mean fedral skilled worker list we are looking at permanet residence bit confused with all terminolagy and anagrams

cheers phil
OK, so you'd all go on one application. Your wife and children would be able to stay in the UK for a while if you wanted to go on ahead, but they'd also get PR.

What is your occupation, is it one that still has space left for this year?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:37 am
Just Joined

yes it is skilled worker 7216 i have been looking at agencys but it seams very expensisve but with my dislexia and a step daughter (no problem no contact with biological father for 6 years) not sure what to do

cheers phil
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

yes it is skilled worker 7216 i have been looking at agencys but it seams very expensisve but with my dislexia and a step daughter (no problem no contact with biological father for 6 years) not sure what to do
Tricky one. I have to confess that I work for an immigration consultant, but even so I'd usually say that most people can easily do a straightforward application on their own.

But, if you have complications or are just not happy with lots of paperwork, then it might be a good idea to hire somebody to sort it all for you. In the grand scheme of the huge cost of moving abroad (would probably be less than just the flights alone), it may be money well spent, but only you can make that decision. Any decent consultant will do a free assessment and consultation, so maybe do that and then see what you think? You can search the forum for recent recommendations.

Good luck.