police clearance query

Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Default police clearance query

I just have a quick query about obtaining our police clearance. I noticed on the Canadian High Commission site that it says that in the UK the police do not give police clearance http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_police.pdf instead applicants need to fill out the form they have provided and send it to the Metropolitan police. I'm confused by this, as Hertfordshire police have given me the impression that they do police clearances.

Can anyone enlighten me? If I do have to go through the Met. do I have to send them a fee, as the High Commission doesn't say? We've had fingerprints taken previously as we lived in Canada on a temporary visa, so the fingerprints had to be sent to the RCMP. Do we need fingerprints taken for our UK police check?

I'm starting to panic about getting the stuff together for 90 days now, especially when Herts police said their police clearance will take 40 days to come through!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police clearance query

It's semantics but important to state, because if you start asking your local force for "clearance" they may well tell you they don't do it, which causes confusion and delay.

UK police forces will not issue you with a "clearance certificate", nor will they say you're an upstanding guy, suitable to work with kids, or whatever else "clearance" might be sought for. All they will do is search their records and say "we have found no records against this person's name" or "we found this, that and the next thing", whichever is applicable. CIC know that, and that's fine for their purpose.

The record search is done through your local force's Subject Access Office, so if that's what you've applied for, you've done the right thing

Originally Posted by luvmykids
I just have a quick query about obtaining our police clearance. I noticed on the Canadian High Commission site that it says that in the UK the police do not give police clearance http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_police.pdf instead applicants need to fill out the form they have provided and send it to the Metropolitan police. I'm confused by this, as Hertfordshire police have given me the impression that they do police clearances.

Can anyone enlighten me? If I do have to go through the Met. do I have to send them a fee, as the High Commission doesn't say? We've had fingerprints taken previously as we lived in Canada on a temporary visa, so the fingerprints had to be sent to the RCMP. Do we need fingerprints taken for our UK police check?

I'm starting to panic about getting the stuff together for 90 days now, especially when Herts police said their police clearance will take 40 days to come through!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

So you are saying that I go through the Met?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:53 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

So you are saying that I go through the Met?
No just go through your local force. It is all checked from the same place anyway no matter where you make the application for information.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

thanks
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:06 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Hi Luvmykids,

I have the application form for you to fill in as i had to apply from Herts. I do not know how to download onto this message. If you can give me your email address then i can send the attachment unless u guild me how to upload the form in here.

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:21 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: police clearance query

Hi luvmykids,

Got it how to download,,,,, just me being thick!!

Hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Subject Access Form.doc (132.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: doc
subject advice sheet.doc (28.0 KB, 126 views)
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

cathydee will become famous soon enough

Just to say, we live in Buckinghamshire, we had to contact local police, Thames Valley, (they all usually have a central phone number), we had to contact the Data Protection Officer who sent us the forms (or rather the Data Protection Officer was an answerphone where you leave name and address). Filled out forms, we sent them back with drivers licence and 10 pound fee. It is a standard 40 day process from receipt of application by them, they sent us an acknowledgement letter and returned licence. 40 days later we got police check back. Done!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Rontel is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I'm confused. I thought we had to use the new APCO trial which you pay £35 for.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the forms and advice
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

cathydee will become famous soon enough

Maybe the new APCO trial, came in after we applied in October.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

So am I, what is the APCO trial? The information on my 90 day letter in regards to police checks says nothing about an APCO trial, neither did my immigration lawyer or the CIC website. Mmmm
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

So am I, what is the APCO trial? The information on my 90 day letter in regards to police checks says nothing about an APCO trial, neither did my immigration lawyer or the CIC website. Mmmm
I have been searching the threads someone posted the info on these trials and the links a few days ago but can't find them trouble is people go of topic me included you can also get the checks done in 24-48 hrs thats £75.00 if i remember right, good luck