Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

hi all,
having recently recevied my job offer, it asks that i am 'subject access cleared'. now for this it seems that i need to speak to my Employers Data Protection Officer for them to process me, which can take up to 6 weeks.

i have seen a Police Clearance Certificate, which is done in 10 days. which is better. they both check Police records etc, but i think the data access checks are more in depth?

any help would be appreciated!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

AyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really nice
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

Hey,

I submitted my application with the ACPO certificate and have recently had the request for medicals through. I chose this route after reading the posting on the CIC website, which I have attached the link to below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-kingdom.asp

I found the ACPO route really fast (I paid the extra 35 quid for the 3 day service), having applied through Subject Disclosure for my Bunac visa last year, the ACPO police cert, although more expensive, certainly seemed the quicker option.

Hope that's of some help.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

the first line of the link reads

'You should no longer use the current blue UK police certificate (known as Subject Access or data protection statement) when you apply for a visa.'

so i think Police Certificate is the correct route! thanks for your help!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

AyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paul5455
the first line of the link reads

'You should no longer use the current blue UK police certificate (known as Subject Access or data protection statement) when you apply for a visa.'

so i think Police Certificate is the correct route! thanks for your help!
You're welcome, good luck with your application.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:27 pm
dre
Forum Regular

dre is an unknown quantity at this point

You can actually use Subject Access up until the 31st of Dec this year, after that it will be the police certificate. I recently applied for my subject access and it took 2 weeks to come through, so you never know
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dre
You can actually use Subject Access up until the 31st of Dec this year, after that it will be the police certificate. I recently applied for my subject access and it took 2 weeks to come through, so you never know
Paul, I will say just use the ACPO and you will be free, I know subject access is good till the end of 2008 but do the new one, police cert.

Good luck
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul5455
hi all,
having recently recevied my job offer, it asks that i am 'subject access cleared'.
Are you talking about a police check for your employer, or a police check for CIC's use? If it's the former, get exactly what they tell you, if it's the latter, it's whichever of the two you fancy if issued before 31st Dec 2008 (which obviously it would be ).
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Police Clearance Certificate VS Subject Data Access Clearance

for the CIC.
i think the Police Certificate is better anyway so going to go for that option!