Police check time frame

Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police check time frame

Hi all

I applied for the sar(up to 40 day)police check last week. We are applying through London and believe that up until the end of this year they are accepting either SAR or ACPO.

Just wondered if anybody has applied for the SAR route recently and whether they actually take 40 days to get back?

Thanks for any info
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Police check time frame

Hi Nikki,

I sent for SAR 40 day police check on the 23rd Sept recieved acknowledgment dated 24th as far as I know SAR is still being accepted hope so anyway.

Reagrds Len
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lenart
Hi Nikki,

I sent for SAR 40 day police check on the 23rd Sept recieved acknowledgment dated 24th as far as I know SAR is still being accepted hope so anyway.

Reagrds Len
Expect the lazy sods to take all 40 days though!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:38 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy hatter
Expect the lazy sods to take all 40 days though!
I bet it does too
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

TruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the rough

Hubby applied for police check on the 12th September, acknowledgment on the 17th September, cheque cashed on the 24th September, arrived in the post on the 24th September. 12 days from posting to receiving back and that includes 2 weekends!!!!

I sent mine 15th September, acknowledgement 18th September, cheque cashed 24th September..........still waiting.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

We went the ACPO route. They only take a few 7 or 10 days, can't remember which and you can pay a bit extra to get them back in something like 3 days. We didn't pay the extra and ours came very quickly.
Good Luck
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:13 pm

Hi all

Just as an update to this thread, I have received the SAR £10 police check back in just over 2 weeks

Just the bankers draft to sort and then PR app is being sent
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nikki,
Can I ask if there is any reason why you chose the SAR route over the ACPO?
We just got our doc request and I was in the process of downloading the form for the new ACPO check..(seems a lot quicker?)
Cheers
Tim
Old Oct 18th 2008, 8:19 am
dre
Forum Regular

dre is an unknown quantity at this point

I would guess that SAR costs £10 and not £35 and can be with you in 2 weeks now

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi Nikki,
We just got our doc request and I was in the process of downloading the form for the new ACPO check..(seems a lot quicker?)
Cheers
Tim
Old Oct 18th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dre
I would guess that SAR costs £10 and not £35 and can be with you in 2 weeks now
ACPO can also be done in 10 days..seems reasonable to me and if that is the standard they are moving towards then I think I will just go with that...
Old Oct 18th 2008, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi Nikki,
Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim,

I just went with the cheaper/easier option as we are not in a particular rush to get the pr application in, as it was, they only took 2 weeks and its also a lot easier as you don't need photos etc
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Tim,

I just went with the cheaper/easier option as we are not in a particular rush to get the pr application in, as it was, they only took 2 weeks and its also a lot easier as you don't need photos etc
Oh..forgot you didn't need pics...I think that last time when we originally applied it took about 1 month to get them through and I want to get the updates in ASAP now they are finally going to look at it all..Hey Ho, horses for courses but thanks for the reply
Cheers
Tim
Old Oct 18th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi all

I applied for the sar(up to 40 day)police check last week. We are applying through London and believe that up until the end of this year they are accepting either SAR or ACPO.

Just wondered if anybody has applied for the SAR route recently and whether they actually take 40 days to get back?

Thanks for any info
well when i did mine about 10 months ago it took 36 days so yep it could be 40 days but not more but i hear people on here say some has got it in 3 weeks.

if you did it last week, then end of Nov is your best bet. Dont panic and just chill and get other info ready, you will get it.