British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Police check time frame (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/police-check-time-frame-564346/)

nikki dreaming Sep 29th 2008 6:32 pm

Police check time frame

Hi all

I applied for the sar(up to 40 day)police check last week. We are applying through London and believe that up until the end of this year they are accepting either SAR or ACPO.

Just wondered if anybody has applied for the SAR route recently and whether they actually take 40 days to get back?

Thanks for any info:thumbup:

lenart Sep 29th 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Police check time frame

Hi Nikki,

I sent for SAR 40 day police check on the 23rd Sept recieved acknowledgment dated 24th as far as I know SAR is still being accepted hope so anyway.

Reagrds Len:thumbup:

happy hatter Sep 29th 2008 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by lenart (Post 6830848)
Hi Nikki,

I sent for SAR 40 day police check on the 23rd Sept recieved acknowledgment dated 24th as far as I know SAR is still being accepted hope so anyway.

Reagrds Len:thumbup:

Expect the lazy sods to take all 40 days though!

nikki dreaming Sep 29th 2008 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by happy hatter (Post 6831083)
Expect the lazy sods to take all 40 days though!

I bet it does too:thumbdown::rofl:

TruckersWife Sep 29th 2008 9:05 pm

Hubby applied for police check on the 12th September, acknowledgment on the 17th September, cheque cashed on the 24th September, arrived in the post on the 24th September. 12 days from posting to receiving back and that includes 2 weekends!!!!

I sent mine 15th September, acknowledgement 18th September, cheque cashed 24th September..........still waiting.

shonaoconnor Sep 29th 2008 9:24 pm

We went the ACPO route. They only take a few 7 or 10 days, can't remember which and you can pay a bit extra to get them back in something like 3 days. We didn't pay the extra and ours came very quickly.
Good Luck

nikki dreaming Oct 13th 2008 9:13 pm

Hi all

Just as an update to this thread, I have received the SAR £10 police check back in just over 2 weeks:thumbup:

Just the bankers draft to sort and then PR app is being sent:eek::thumbup:

Tim Steer Oct 18th 2008 6:47 am

Hi Nikki,
Can I ask if there is any reason why you chose the SAR route over the ACPO?
We just got our doc request and I was in the process of downloading the form for the new ACPO check..(seems a lot quicker?)
Cheers
Tim

dre Oct 18th 2008 8:19 am

I would guess that SAR costs £10 and not £35 and can be with you in 2 weeks now ;)

Originally Posted by Tim Steer (Post 6887084)
Hi Nikki,
We just got our doc request and I was in the process of downloading the form for the new ACPO check..(seems a lot quicker?)
Cheers
Tim

Tim Steer Oct 18th 2008 8:56 am

Originally Posted by dre (Post 6887194)
I would guess that SAR costs £10 and not £35 and can be with you in 2 weeks now ;)

ACPO can also be done in 10 days..seems reasonable to me and if that is the standard they are moving towards then I think I will just go with that...

nikki dreaming Oct 18th 2008 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Tim Steer (Post 6887084)
Hi Nikki,
Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,

I just went with the cheaper/easier option as we are not in a particular rush to get the pr application in, as it was, they only took 2 weeks and its also a lot easier as you don't need photos etc:thumbup:

Tim Steer Oct 18th 2008 9:00 am

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming (Post 6887258)
Hi Tim,

I just went with the cheaper/easier option as we are not in a particular rush to get the pr application in, as it was, they only took 2 weeks and its also a lot easier as you don't need photos etc:thumbup:

Oh..forgot you didn't need pics...I think that last time when we originally applied it took about 1 month to get them through and I want to get the updates in ASAP now they are finally going to look at it all..Hey Ho, horses for courses but thanks for the reply:)
Cheers
Tim

bflava Oct 18th 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming (Post 6830819)
Hi all

I applied for the sar(up to 40 day)police check last week. We are applying through London and believe that up until the end of this year they are accepting either SAR or ACPO.

Just wondered if anybody has applied for the SAR route recently and whether they actually take 40 days to get back?

Thanks for any info:thumbup:

well when i did mine about 10 months ago it took 36 days so yep it could be 40 days but not more but i hear people on here say some has got it in 3 weeks.

if you did it last week, then end of Nov is your best bet. Dont panic and just chill and get other info ready, you will get it.