police check

Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

confusedyouwillbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police check

Originally Posted by SpeC
Hey! That's useful... unfortunately, no Northern Constabulary, or in fact Cumbria Police, but a very good resource.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

watergirl73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that was a very useful link thanks alot i'm sure others will appreciate it as police check seems to be a hot topic..... ANYONE WANT SNOW !!! thought i'd share my canadian misery with you all!!!! ::
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pennyhp
For the police clearance check you fill in a form from the local police force, but you are checked against the national database, so you don't need to get different clearances from each area of UK. If you have lived abroad then you would need to get police clearance for each country lived in as well.

Penny
Hi,

What about police checks for for Armed forces personnel.

Both my wife & I are in the Army currently in the UK but we have both served in Germany in the past...will we need German Police checks or can we use UK police and RMP (Military Police)

Cheers Dave
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

julie1973 will become famous soon enough

HELP!

Any Scots out there successfully got PR ???

I have spent 3 months now trying to convince the high commission in London that I cannot in any way get a UK police certificate only a Scottish one as I am scottish.

I have called the police in Scotland that immigration says I should request this from to and they have confirmed that I have indeed got the right certificate (twice now) and that Canadian immigration are basically idiots - they get this all the time from Canadian immigration, ie they want a UK certificate when it is impossible for Scottish residents.

Does anyone else here know what I can do as I have asolutely no way of getting through to the commission that they are asking me for the impossible. No people, no phone number, just this faceless creature quoting stuff at me.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:44 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie1973

HELP!

Any Scots out there successfully got PR ???

I have spent 3 months now trying to convince the high commission in London that I cannot in any way get a UK police certificate only a Scottish one as I am scottish.

I have called the police in Scotland that immigration says I should request this from to and they have confirmed that I have indeed got the right certificate (twice now) and that Canadian immigration are basically idiots - they get this all the time from Canadian immigration, ie they want a UK certificate when it is impossible for Scottish residents.

Does anyone else here know what I can do as I have asolutely no way of getting through to the commission that they are asking me for the impossible. No people, no phone number, just this faceless creature quoting stuff at me.
Canadian immigration are correct in this case as it is possible to get a police check from the Metropolitan Police in London. We had to provide both the Strathclyde and Metropolitan certificate to support our PR application. I have them both at home.

Get back onto the Met and ask for a check to be done. There is only a small fee involved.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Weird - Met said no to me. Also the instructions are clear that for Scottish you write to Pitt Street!

Obviously being Scottish means a double whammy as far as Canada is concerned. The amount of lost documents and crap in their immigration is making me seriously think of leaving my Canadian family and going home, my mental health is at breaking point, my work is affected and Canada has taken every penny I had from selling my Scottish home - and for not much return.
It just sickens me.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:22 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie1973
Weird - Met said no to me. Also the instructions are clear that for Scottish you write to Pitt Street!

Obviously being Scottish means a double whammy as far as Canada is concerned. The amount of lost documents and crap in their immigration is making me seriously think of leaving my Canadian family and going home, my mental health is at breaking point, my work is affected and Canada has taken every penny I had from selling my Scottish home - and for not much return.
It just sickens me.
Being one of Gods Chosen people has never hindered me here in the slightest.

It's my superior, arrogant manner that gets me into trouble.

Seriously: If certain things regarding a permanent move to Canada are affecting your health then maybe it's time to re-evaluate. Nothing is worth losing your good health over.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH needed a police check to cover her time at university in Aberdeen. She got it from Scotland Yard, no problem.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Davie McCaig will become famous soon enough

When doing it with Strathclyde Police there is a box on their form where it asks if you want it checked with the PNC at Hendon which covers england...So should be no problem
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Davie

I did check that box on both occasions !!!!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

strange....!!! I got a certificate covering both from strathclyde
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

no, i called pitt street today and they told me that on both occasions they asked scotland yard to provide another letter...the scottish police certificate is for scotland only and although it shows PNC check the Canadian officials want a UK certificate, not Scots with PNC.
I am so thoroughly confused, stressed and pukey by now. Doesn't help taht they keep losing my stuff too!!!!!

PS The have already requested my medical which I thought they wouldn't do until everything else was in place ?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Julie....The Scots with PNC is technically a UK certificate as the Met police will check the PNC (Police National Computer) wich is the primary criminal records computer for England and Wales. Seems the CHC are being harsh!!!!! There is no such thing as a UK certificate as I am led to believe...If you have lived in England then the PNC check should cover that and as you live in Scotland then Strathclyde will check the SCRO (scottish criminal records office ) computer and this should be enough
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi Davie

God, I wish I could pay you to go and explain that to the eejits at the high commission
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Julie,

Good luck with your application!!!

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.