Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police certificates for places you've traveled - Express Entry

Police certificates for places you've traveled - Express Entry

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 7:40 am
Just Joined

LucyHawthorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police certificates for places you've traveled - Express Entry

Hi everyone,

Many years ago I did a stint of volunteering in Kenya on a tourist visa, totalling 12 months on two separate 6 month tourist visas. I was never a resident or citizen, but was in the country for more than 6 months.

So do I need a police check for this? The volunteering would be classed as travelling as it was never official, so not sure if this counts as 'living' somewhere?

Thanks very much.

Lucy
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificates for places you've traveled - Express Entry

Yes you will need one

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Read this link on how to get one from Kenya

How to Get a Police Certificate - Kenya
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:05 am
Just Joined

LucyHawthorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police certificates for places you've traveled - Express Entry

Thank you. I thought that was the case, but wanted to check.

Cheers,

Lucy