Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificates and FBI clearances

Police Certificates and FBI clearances

Old Sep 10th 2001, 12:41 pm
Just Usenet

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about police certificates in general [Independent
Skilled Worker category].

The instructions in the Application kit state that: "Police certificates must have
been issued within the last six months. Outdated police certificates will not be
accepted."

Now, if I lived in a country 1 year back and got a police certificate while leaving
that country, can I include it? How can I provide a police certificate dated six
months or less if I am not living in that country, and have no reason to go back
there? Do I have to go back to that country just to get a police certificate? This
sounds so illogical. What to do?

Secondly, if I submit my application today with recent police clearances, those
clearances will be more than 6 months old by the time I go for an interview. Then do
I have to take new clearances with me to the interview?

What about the FBI clearance? Does it also follow the same rules? [that I need to
send one with the application and take a latest one with me to the interview]?

Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks.

Old Sep 10th 2001, 2:24 pm
Andrew Miller

You may include the old police certificate but it may not be accepted. You don't need
to go back to that country to get new police certificate - you may contact their
consulate or order it by mail if applicable. You must submit with your application
police certificates not older than 6 months and you don't need to bring newer ones to
the interview, unless specifically asked to do so.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 10th 2001, 6:24 pm
Just Usenet

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I have a police clearance from India dated Jan 2001. Should I
include it with my application?

Or do I have to go to India to get another police clearance? I don't think the Indian
consulate here in DC provides that service.

Going to India is not really practical for me. Can't take time-off, too far, too
expensive, will need an Indian visa, etc.

Thanks.

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have a couple of questions about police certificates in general [Independent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Skilled Worker category].[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The instructions in the Application kit state that: "Police certificates must[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have been issued within the last six months. Outdated police certificates will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > not be accepted."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Now, if I lived in a country 1 year back and got a police certificate while[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > leaving that country, can I include it? How can I provide a police certificate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > dated six months or less if I am not living in that country, and have no reason[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to go back there? Do I have to go back to that country just to get a police[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > certificate? This sounds so illogical. What to do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Secondly, if I submit my application today with recent police clearances, those[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > clearances will be more than 6 months old by the time I go for an interview. Then[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > do I have to take new clearances with me to the interview?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What about the FBI clearance? Does it also follow the same rules? [that I need to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > send one with the application and take a latest one with me to the interview]?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Can anyone please clarify?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks.[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 11th 2001, 12:22 am
Madhu & Kedar

The app kit from Buffalo excludes India as a country from which Police Clearances
need to be obtain. They say that they(Canadian Immig. Auth.) will obtain the
clearances directly.

Kedar "Just UseNet" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > You may include the old police certificate but it may not be accepted.[/usenetquote2]
You
[usenetquote2]> > don't need to go back to that country to get new police certificate -[/usenetquote2]
you may
[usenetquote2]> > contact their consulate or order it by mail if applicable. You must[/usenetquote2]
submit with
[usenetquote2]> > your application police certificates not older than 6 months and you[/usenetquote2]
don't need
[usenetquote2]> > to bring newer ones to the interview, unless specifically asked to do[/usenetquote2]
so.
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hello,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I have a couple of questions about police certificates in general [Independent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Skilled Worker category].[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The instructions in the Application kit state that: "Police certificates must[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have been issued within the last six months. Outdated police certificates will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > not be accepted."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Now, if I lived in a country 1 year back and got a police certificate while[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > leaving that country, can I include it? How can I provide a police certificate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > dated six months or less if I am not living in that country, and have no reason[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to go back there? Do I have to go back to that country just to get a police[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > certificate? This sounds so illogical. What to do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Secondly, if I submit my application today with recent police clearances, those[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > clearances will be more than 6 months old by the time I go for an interview.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Then do I have to take new clearances with me to the interview?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > What about the FBI clearance? Does it also follow the same rules? [that I need[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to send one with the application and take a latest one with me to the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > interview]?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Can anyone please clarify?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks.[/usenetquote2]