PNP or Express Entry

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP or Express Entry

Hi,
Me and my partner have been living in NS Canada since August of 2014, I came through on a TWP and my partner (via me) with OWP both for 2 years.

We should have started the PR process straight away, but pushing on with it now finally. The main question is am I best going for a PNP or an Express Entry.

I'm in a Senior Manager role (so NOC skill level 0) and I'm reading that an English test is not required for PNP when above skill level C or D, the next available english test I'm seeing is May (so not for another 2 months)

I have been working for the company for probably 5 years now (the last 8 months of which were from within Canada)

Unsure if it helps to better answer, but we are both British citizens with no criminal records etc, and my partner has a full time job in NS also (3-4 months now)

I'm just cautious of going through the EE if it requires pooling to be done etc etc, when perhaps I'm better going directly through something like PNP?

If this is a standard question that gets asked a lot I apologize as know how frustrating similar questions must get, but was unable to find anything relating to this on the forums.

I'm just cautious that with only around 16 months left on our visa that need to get something submitted sooner rather than later.

Many thanks for any suggestions, you were certainly all very helpful when we got our TWP
Old Mar 24th 2015, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP or Express Entry

Did you come on an inter company transfer or did your employers get an LMO? This can affect how you go forward considerably.
Have you tried the Eligibility calculator to see what points you would score for EE. Google CRS calculator which will give you an idea.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks for the reply. I came through on a ICT.

I did a CRS and it looks like the answers to my question get me around 300-400 if I don't answer anything to LMIA or PNP, i.e. the last two questions)

It actually seems to help that my common law partner has an uncle who is a Canadian citizen, it seems to help me as well as her based on the questions it seems.

So I guess really I'm best going for the PNP, I'm not too sure on the requirements around the LMIA, so it may come down to more PNP or LMIA as it looks like everything has to be EE now?

I was hoping to cut out the english test due to the 2 months it will delay my PR application
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

So reading some other threads, it sounds like I need the EE for PNP anyway, I guess I need to just wait for the english test slot to become available and hope that the whole process doesn't take too long, reading stories of PNP processing times sounds like it could be up to 2 years
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

The system all changed dramatically in January. as an ICT your company walnut have needed an LMIA which is basically the OK from CIC that there is no Canadian available/wanting/qualified to do your job.
For the majority of folks trying to come to Canada under EE they need the points from a job offer with a qualifying LMIA to get an invitation to apply. (currently an job offer with an LMIA is worth 600 points). Your present employer would need to get a LMIA if you don't meet the points requirements from age, education, experience etc.

I don't know enough about PNP to be helpful in that department!