Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Oct 6th 2015, 12:23 am
  #451  
Forum Regular
 
Bella Cullen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Sudbury, Northern ON
Posts: 221
Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

LOL - why on earth don't they just ask for the originals in the beginning? It's like when our PNP application was big processed and they said they'd received an incomplete application as we hadn't included a copy of our marriage certificate. However we checked every single thing and every check list and they never asked for it!
Bella Cullen is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:50 pm
  #452  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,497
AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen View Post
LOL - why on earth don't they just ask for the originals in the beginning? It's like when our PNP application was big processed and they said they'd received an incomplete application as we hadn't included a copy of our marriage certificate. However we checked every single thing and every check list and they never asked for it!
To be fair to CIC they do 'strongly recommend' in the checklist that you actually submit your original police certificates with your application in the first place.
AlliF is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2015, 3:07 pm
  #453  
Forum Regular
 
Bella Cullen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Sudbury, Northern ON
Posts: 221
Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by scotdownunder View Post
To be fair to CIC they do 'strongly recommend' in the checklist that you actually submit your original police certificates with your application in the first place.
Yet the letter they sent to us telling us to send police certs (after submission for PR as they'd not arrived yet) specifically ask for scanned copies?
Bella Cullen is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2015, 4:06 pm
  #454  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,497
AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen View Post
Yet the letter they sent to us telling us to send police certs (after submission for PR as they'd not arrived yet) specifically ask for scanned copies?
Well they are never logical IME but hopefully they asked for the scans as an interim measure, just until they had the originals, so your application can continue to be processed and not get diverted into yet another queue
AlliF is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2015, 11:23 pm
  #455  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Saskatchewan
Posts: 29
smurf8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Hi guys, we are currently applying for Pr through Ainp this is our timeline so far ....
We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 9, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 9, 2015.
We sent you medical instructions on May 12, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on September 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(this was Original police certs, additional info Schedule A, and copy of passport page)
We also paid our RPRF on Aug 18th
Now I guess it's just the waiting game......
smurf8 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2015, 2:55 pm
  #456  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,497
AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

CIC updated our status yesterday to 'we started processing your application on 8th November 2014'
Not sure how this is different to the 'in-process' update we got in May this year.
Anyone else had this happen where they have 'corrected' themselves and put in an earlier date?

Seems a bit back-to-front to me but we are just hoping that this means we are going to be in the VO's 13month average timeframe group and not the 28 month one it changed to shortly after we submitted.
AlliF is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:30 am
  #457  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Mission and loving it
Posts: 464
Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by smurf8 View Post
Hi guys, we are currently applying for Pr through Ainp this is our timeline so far ....
We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 9, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 9, 2015.
We sent you medical instructions on May 12, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on September 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(this was Original police certs, additional info Schedule A, and copy of passport page)
We also paid our RPRF on Aug 18th
Now I guess it's just the waiting game......
Ours says exactly the same thing, although the last line reads August 24th. We sent original police cents the next day and they were received on Aug 30th if I remember correctly. ECAS hasn't changed since.
Eddmac is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2015, 3:55 pm
  #458  
Forum Regular
 
Bella Cullen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Sudbury, Northern ON
Posts: 221
Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Do you guys find yourself obsessively checking CIC? I've just got a feeling it's going to happen soon and it's driving me crazy!
Bella Cullen is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2015, 4:04 pm
  #459  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,497
AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen View Post
Do you guys find yourself obsessively checking CIC? I've just got a feeling it's going to happen soon and it's driving me crazy!
Yup, even though everyone says it is not reliable/not always updated we just can't help it. It's like scratching a mosquito bite. Drives you nuts til you do it, gives about 5 seconds of relief and repeat. lol
Nearly a year since they received our medicals and started processing ours now. Just about ready to go loopy.
AlliF is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2015, 5:38 pm
  #460  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Mission and loving it
Posts: 464
Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by scotdownunder View Post
Yup, even though everyone says it is not reliable/not always updated we just can't help it. It's like scratching a mosquito bite. Drives you nuts til you do it, gives about 5 seconds of relief and repeat. lol Nearly a year since they received our medicals and started processing ours now. Just about ready to go loopy.
LOL same here - I check it every other day and I have an enormous sense of disappointment when nothing has changed, even though I know beforehand that's what will be shown there!
Eddmac is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 8:27 pm
  #461  
Forum Regular
 
Bella Cullen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Sudbury, Northern ON
Posts: 221
Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

I'm frustrated to see so little movement in this thread I think the processors have gone on an early vacation
Bella Cullen is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 8:58 pm
  #462  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Mission and loving it
Posts: 464
Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

I know how you feel.
I got excited earlier in the year when we had a brief flurry of activity, but after providing my police certs (again) in august, nothing has happened.

Feeling depressed.
Eddmac is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 8:59 pm
  #463  
Forum Regular
 
Bella Cullen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Sudbury, Northern ON
Posts: 221
Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Me too!

I honestly have to say, I really expected a little bit of something by now. Even though I know, rationally, that it's earlier than we expected before we submitted. I think it's because the express entry people who applied 4 months after me now have PR. Totally bummed
Bella Cullen is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:31 pm
  #464  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,497
AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

We got a decision made on ECAS on the 8th.
Now being tortured by having to wait on snail mail to see what it was.
I didn't think the express entry was going as quick as they were hoping anyway? I was deliberately staying away from the threads about it as no good can come of seeing others sailing on past you in the queue as it were.

Wouldn't wish the hideous processing times on anyone else but still can't see why they couldn't clear the backlog first.

Anyway hang in there guys, hope there is some movement for you soon.
AlliF is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:37 pm
  #465  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Mission and loving it
Posts: 464
Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by scotdownunder View Post
We got a decision made on ECAS on the 8th.
Now being tortured by having to wait on snail mail to see what it was.
I didn't think the express entry was going as quick as they were hoping anyway? I was deliberately staying away from the threads about it as no good can come of seeing others sailing on past you in the queue as it were.

Wouldn't wish the hideous processing times on anyone else but still can't see why they couldn't clear the backlog first.

Anyway hang in there guys, hope there is some movement for you soon.
Whats your timeline?
Did you get the police certificate request/processing fee recently ?(past three months)

I do believe its rare to get decision made and it to be negative, so congratulations!
Eddmac is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.